One night, local dinner. MCO area

bsall

We're interested in experiencing a "local" dinner Friday night before the cruise. No chain restaurants. We're staying by the Orlando International airport and have a rental car. 

What's a unique experience that is worthwhile that's somewhat nearby. Disney would probably be the max distance I'd want to drive.

Edited by bsall

• bsall changed the title to One night, local dinner. MCO area

There are so many choices of restaurants near OIA!   My personal recommendations: 

-Marlow's Tavern (great steaks, appetizers and outstanding service!) 

-High Tide Harry's (a few miles north of OIA on Hwy. 436/Semoran Boulevard)--it's not a chain and has awesome seafood and it's my go-to when I'm in Orlando

-Chuy's is a chain of Mexican restaurants but it's really good and fun place to eat!

These are all near the airport.   Should you want to go over to International Drive,  Cafe' TuTu Tango is a lot of fun (tapas and in-house artists).  We also enjoy the Pointe Orlando restaurants including Opa!,  Maggiano's, Capital Grille and the others.   

Hope this is a good start in your research.  

On 5/31/2022 at 1:10 PM, bsall said:

We're interested in experiencing a "local" dinner Friday night before the cruise. No chain restaurants. We're staying by the Orlando International airport and have a rental car. 

What's a unique experience that is worthwhile that's somewhat nearby. Disney would probably be the max distance I'd want to drive.

If you're willing to travel as far away as Disney, check out Disney Springs. (Airport North exit onto SR 528 Westbound to I-4 Westbound.) An amazing number of restaurant choices, many by celebrity chefs. Reservations at your choice would be a wise idea.

12 hours ago, Orlando Vic said:

Yeah, but the OP said “.No chain restaurants”.

IMHO still well worth a trip.  Perhaps because we don’t have something like this up north.  If you really want something “different” try the drag queen brunch or Tuesday night bingo at Hamburger Mary’s!

I cruise a lot and  live by the airport.  High Tide Harry is a great recommendation. Close to the airport and locals love it.  Some of the recommendations are far away. If you want low cost quality seafood that has the Florida vibe...High Tide Harry’s.  10 minutes from airport but you’ll feel like you’re  in Florida. Hell I want to go now just writing this.

• Like 2