Digital Covid Vaccine Card?

Sooooo my husband has misplaced his Covid Vaccine Card and we sail out next week for our Alaskan Cruise out of Seattle. I do have the CDC digital version on my phone of his card (we are from the USA). Will the digital version be enough to allow him to board? The digital version was approved when I had to upload our docs online during check-in. Thank you

IF you have your vaccines given locally, just call them up and stop by for a replacement card. You will have other times when you will need it. Having the digital copy will help along with a photo ID. 

I do NOT know the "real"policy but we had someone in our group that had their purse stolen and theirs was inside. They were told they needed the original CDC card, not a pic of it. They said it was very easy to get replaced. 

Whenever, I am in doubt, I just call Royal. The C&A dept is very good about giving us the correct advise and answers. 

Edited by sandy toes
opps, forgot something
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, firewife09 said:

Sooooo my husband has misplaced his Covid Vaccine Card and we sail out next week for our Alaskan Cruise out of Seattle. I do have the CDC digital version on my phone of his card (we are from the USA). Will the digital version be enough to allow him to board? The digital version was approved when I had to upload our docs online during check-in. Thank you

Your physician, county health clinic, or other healthcare professional (such as a PA at CVS) should be able to provide you a new one. In most states all vaccines are on a database that healthcare offices can access (in Georgia are vaccine database shows Covid, TDAP, shingles, pneumonia, and others vaccines). They  provided me with a duplicate card when I went to CVS to get my second booster bc I left my card in the car.

• Like 1

I misplaced mine earlier this year.  I couldn't get through my doctor, or the hospital that did the vaccine.  Luckily I found the card.  For NCL they said if you could get a digital through a government source that was sufficient...

firewife09  how do you get an electronic version from CDC?

I wear my vaccination card.  I use a lanyard for my car and house keys, since I need the fob to get into my building and mailroom.  I attach a plastic sleeve to the lanyard with my vaccination card and DL in it.

I started doing this when we had to show the card when entering restaurants during the latter part of the pandemic.  I just never took it off.  Wallets and purses can be lost and stolen, but a lanyard around my neck and under my clothes stays with me.

Thanks to @firewife09 for the reminder to get my updated digital vaccination "card" from the state. I forgot to do that after my second booster.

I see no reason why a digital vaccination data would not be accepted, since it comes directly from the state.  But, I would call the Healthy Sail Center number:  800-256-6649

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1