Celebrity Reflection offering Covid testing option onboard 1 day prior to debarkation

sherylc

Sometime between last night and this afternoon, Celebrity changed their mind on offering pre-departure testing. Paperwork last night was usual options off the ship. Today we got new paperwork offering onboard testing for tomorrow (for $65) for those flying out on day of debarkation (the following day) Not sure if this is a ship based, Italy or even a fleet wide change. 

Edited by sherylc
  • Thanks 1

• sherylc changed the title to Celebrity Reflection offering Covid testing option onboard 1 day prior to debarkation

It would be good to get a definitive answer, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was an Italian port requirement, they may not have been too enthusiastic about having passengers getting sent off the ship clutching their covid test kits in one hand...

Either way it is a great result for the US guests.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

It would be good to get a definitive answer, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was an Italian port requirement, they may not have been too enthusiastic about having passengers getting sent off the ship clutching their covid test kits in one hand...

Either way it is a great result for the US guests.

If it was a Government requirement to just disembark, I would think it would be more than an “offer”.

i suspect it would be at no charge in that situation.  It always has been in the past.

it is probably a convenience being offered to customers that need a test to fly back to the US or any other country requiring a test.  

This would be FANTASTIC if they keep doing it.  I'm on the Reflection in late September out of Civitavecchia.  This would make things so much easier than buying test kits at home or doing it at the airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If it was a Government requirement to just disembark, I would think it would be more than an “offer”.

i suspect it would be at no charge in that situation.  It always has been in the past.

Agreed, if it was a formal testing requirement it wouldn't have been optional and it wouldn't just have been for those flying out.

Either way, it is a good thing however it has been prompted, let's hope it remains and is not just something specific to that port/ship.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1