Beverage package question

nancyjane55

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

You will pay the full amount.  You could try to upgrade to the Elite Beverage Package, once onboard, which would include more expensive wines and alcohol.  I believe the limit is $15.

Yes, you have to pay the full drink price--plus mandatory 18% tip--for any drink exceeding the package limit.  Drinks falling within the $11 Signature/$15 Elite package price limit do not get charged the 18% tip.

11 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

You could TRY to upgrade to the Elite Beverage Package, once onboard, which would include more expensive wines and alcohol. 

Try? Is it a gamble? 

43 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Try? Is it a gamble? 

Reports on this board have been mixed as to whether or not you can do it.  Seems to vary by ship and even which person you ask onboard.  Typical HAL - inconsistant policies.

Edited by DaveOKC

11 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Reports on this board have been mixed as to whether or not you can do it.  Seems to vary by ship and even which person you ask onboard.  Typical HAL - inconsistant policies.

Thanks. 

I don’t have “Have it All” so I’m glad I bought the Elite package straight away. The guy likes his wines! 🍷

28 minutes ago, nancyjane55 said:

Thanks for the replies! I think we’ll stick with the signature bev pkg and maybe splurge on a nice glass of wine once or twice.

I found a number of nice wines included in the basic package ($11 or less), but then again I am fairly easily satisfied.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I found a number of nice wines included in the basic package ($11 or less), but then again I am fairly easily satisfied.

Me too.🙂  There are some whites (pinot grigio and sauvignon blanc) and a merlot that I enjoyed.

• Like 1

I upgraded my package once I boarded the Eurodam in November. I did not think there was enough wine options to make this worthwhile to do again in the future. 

I must say though if you are a whiskey /liquor drinker I think this would be a great option.

Rochelle

• Thanks 1