Ocean Cay YC Beach

bac513

We were disappointed at the YC beach as the ocean bed was very rocky. Even with water shoes it was unpleasant. For future reference, can you make arrangements to go to a different beach location? Thanks.

Many YC guests have a similar complaint. I purchased some cheap water shoes after reading reviews here on CC and I'm glad that I did. 

There are plenty of other beach areas on the island that aren't rocky. Think of it as an opportunity to explore. 

On 1/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, Mosttoyswin said:

Well we got our COVID test back negative. So we will see you all Monday. Safe travels

On 6/3/2022 at 7:17 AM, dexddd said:

There is a small section when first entering that is rough.  I just knelt and body surfed both ways.

We did the same!!  The lifeguard thanked us for the show.   We were laughing while crawling in and out of the water.  Next cruise I had my water shoes and that made a huge difference. 

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring in sand to cover those rocks. It’s a great area but that rocky beach takes some of the shine off it. Excellent service on the beach from the staff. 

I doubt it but even so, they have been very quiet on what is going on there.  The delays on opening were pretty quiet, the major press releases quiet.  They had construction equipment in the middle of the island last fall and even staff on island did not agree what was going to happen nor the folks here.  Fast forward 8 months and have not seen report.

2 hours ago, QueenofEverything said:

Is there decent snorkeling at the YC beach?

When we were there in Dec, there were a couple of people that were snorkeling on the right hand side by the Rocks.  Not sure if it was good but they were there for a little bit. 

16 hours ago, QueenofEverything said:

Is there decent snorkeling at the YC beach?

Not really.  We were there four days last Fall and saw little.  Lifeguards get nervous too if you get close to rope zone.  Lighthouse had better with a couple rays but also not a ton of fish.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Not really.  We were there four days last Fall and saw little.  Lifeguards get nervous too if you get close to rope zone.  Lighthouse had better with a couple rays but also not a ton of fish.

I didn’t see any rays. Just a bunch of small fish. 
One of the lifeguards told me they have sea turtles in the lagoon (North beach?). It was rough the day I was there so visibility was low. Didn’t see any. 

I considered going to one of the beaches that aren’t life guarded but it was quite rough and I was alone so I opted not to. 

Hi, YC beach...snorkel past and around rocks toward crew beach...then go in channel toward outer shark net...that is where I saw the large turtle.

Yes the LG came around on watercraft and made me leave☹️

Lagoon has nada due to nets and both entrances and no reef.

Over by helicopter pad there is some good snorkeling with rays and sharks, water is rough.

Cheers