HAL just canceled our June 14th 2022 Triple Denali trip

KirkNC

10 hours ago, Charleston Lady said:

…We are set to fly into Vancouver (through HAL air) on 8/6 to do a Rocky Mountaineer trip followed by a Y3C triple Denali on Zuiderdam starting 8/17. So what happens to our air if HAL cancels land/sea trip? They are waiting so late to notify we could already be gone!…😳

I have wondered this, as well. We usually have an independent land trip prior to a West Coast cruise. I’ve wondered what would happen if someone was out in a remote area with minimal cell service and didn’t find out about their HAL trip. Am I understanding correctly that the cruises themselves have not been canceled, but it’s the land portion on some of the tours (i.e., for those with the land portion in addition to the cruise, HAL is cancelling the entire journey)?

Best wishes to all affected!

27 minutes ago, syesmar said:

I have wondered this, as well. We usually have an independent land trip prior to a West Coast cruise. I’ve wondered what would happen if someone was out in a remote area with minimal cell service and didn’t find out about their HAL trip. Am I understanding correctly that the cruises themselves have not been canceled, but it’s the land portion on some of the tours (i.e., for those with the land portion in addition to the cruise, HAL is cancelling the entire journey)?

Best wishes to all affected!

If a package is canceled it is canceled in full including air fare and hotels. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

I don't know if this is meaningful at all, so please don't use it as a "sign" of impending cancellation, but starting about 4 weeks ago I noticed that the HAL planning tool showed all Y1L 18 on Nieuw Amsterdam marked as unavailable until the end of July.  Not a single cabin category in any sailing for weeks.

I just tried to search for our cruisetour (D2C) on HAL's website and the earliest that it can be booked is May of 2023.  It is not showing the dates for the rst of this season as unavailable or sold out - it is not showing them at all!  Not sure how to interpret that......

Edited by ewildcat7

12 minutes ago, ewildcat7 said:

I just tried to search for our cruisetour (D2C) on HAL's website and the earliest that it can be booked is May of 2023.  Not sure how to interpret that......

If you look at the cruise tours you will notice that some weeks are noted as unavailable.  I assume those have been or will be canceled.  I am going to check mine again now that you reminded me

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

If you look at the cruise tours you will notice that some weeks are noted as unavailable.

I edited my original post to reflect that the rest of the season is not even there - not unavailable or full or canceled

1 minute ago, ewildcat7 said:

I edited my original post to reflect that the rest of the season is not even there - not unavailable or full or canceled

Yikes.  I sure wish they would make some firm decisions.  I have my plans half done but only have a week or so to lock in decent rates for the remainder of the back up travel 

Edited by Mary229

Just to clarify, it is my specific cruisetour (D2C) that is not showing until May 2023.  The ship (Niewu Amsterdam) is still going and they are still selling different cruisetours as still available for the same departure date (17 July).  But my specific package is not listed until May 2023.

I was texting/chatting with my TA. I mentioned these cancellations.  Her HAL rep is in Denali now. Hopefully the rep will check into the current status and report back to us in the next day or so.  

• Like 1