Any good restaurant recommendations in Belize city

sarnold2245

If you want Belizean food, Nerries on Queen and Daly Street a couple of blocks toward the ocean from  the swing bridge (green building) is the best.  Annie's Lunchbox just across the swing bridge is another local selection with good food.

If you are looking for a mixture then take a taxi to Bird's Isle (bit of a hike from Fort Street) on the waterfront.

Inside tourism village is Wet Lizard. 

If you head past the Lighthouse and Belize sign, on Cork Street across from the Radisson is the 501 Hub. looks like a dive on the outside, but really great spot inside.

adding, I believe all these places have websites so you can look at the menus and pictures and make your choice.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

In Belize City wife and I enjoyed Martha's Cafe in December 2021 (off Oceania Riviera). It is vegan/vegetarian, but has a nice view, is close, and the staff were friendly. We enjoyed the lunch and beers on a hot Sunday midday. 

Martha's Cafe - Harbour View Boutique Hotel & Yoga Retreat, Belize (harbourviewbelize.com)

Edited by MEFIowa
Typo

My vote goes to the Wet Lizard I was here a few years ago. Right on the dock. Food was great. Chicken, steak, fish, kabobs on the grill were to die for. Beers ice cold, great vibe great location. We had a tour when I left for our tour this was the place to be. Great staff too. 👍👍

• 1 month later...

I second the motion on the Wet Lizard. They have lobster fritters that are great. And cups that change color when the put a cold rum drink in it. We had lots of cold rum drinks. Been there 3 times never disappointed. Good eats.

• 1 month later...

Wet Lizard is our plan - should we bring cash or are CCs safe to use there?  We've used cards in a few Caribbean ports with no problem.  Doesn't matter - just need to plan ahead.  We did the cave tubing a few years back, but this time we just want to eat/drink and chill for a little bit. Thanks!!