Celebrity Flora/Machu Picchu experience?

SunDog19

This will be our FIRST cruise!

Hi everyone! We are looking into booking the 16 day Galapagos/Machu Picchu package, but can find very little comment or review here or on other online sites.

It looks wonderful, but it's not cheap and we are wondering if we should book Machu Picchu separately on the same trip? Thanks!

33 minutes ago, SunDog19 said:

This will be our FIRST cruise!

Hi everyone! We are looking into booking the 16 day Galapagos/Machu Picchu package, but can find very little comment or review here or on other online sites.

It looks wonderful, but it's not cheap and we are wondering if we should book Machu Picchu separately on the same trip? Thanks!

Yes;  

I have looked at this for quite some time; booking Machu Picchu with Celebrity has nothing to do with the ship, so it is more expensive.  Stay with the ships, unless you are not research oriented, or want a complete package.  There have been quite a few threads on Flora/Galapagos on here.  I say, go big or go home!  Good for you!  We had to cancel our end of May cruise do to a number of reasons, but there is lots of good research out there, along with the Galapagos on CC.  I just did a search and received the message that it was temporarily out of order...hmmm.  There is lots of information about what to pack etc...all great information.  Okay...I just put in Flora and Galapagos and got tons of information!

Edited by Lastdance
searching
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=686633&et_cid=3500453&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Here is just one!  If you are looking for both together, that may be your issue.  You can go on to the next review and so on...look at the roll calls/call Celebrity for Galapagos desk, but have your questions ready in advance.

Edited by Lastdance

We did a S America cruise 2014 B2B on Infinity,  Buenos Aries to Miami around Cape Horn. We did the Celebrity Macchu Picchu Tour which was amazing BUT expensive then if I remember correctly £1900 per person for a 3 day side trip off the ship. Everything was great but the hotel in Cusco was basic, the Hiram Bingham train (Orient Express family) with dinner was exceptional and we do not regret paying for the experience.

• Thanks 2

Thanks all. We are definitely going to do the 10 day package MINIMUM, and I see plenty of reviews on that. 

My husband is an architect and wants to see Machu Picchu also of course. So I was looking at the 16 day package. Not sure if the extra expense is worth it for just basically... 4 days.

Not a lot of people have written about the 16 day package.