Alaska (Whitter to Vancouver) - Testing Positive on B2B end of 1st leg?

Jeter02

Just curious if anyone knows the answer or has unfortunately had the personal experience of traveling from Whittier to Vancouver / Vancouver to Whitter that was doing a back-to-back Cruise. 

I know it's required for any passengers doing a back-to-back that they're going to need to be tested at the end of the first leg.

God forbid you test positive right before arriving to Vancouver are those passengers allowed to remain on board the second week that they paid for it or are they going to be kicked off to quarantine and where?

I've heard that passengers who tested positive for covid after arriving in Vancouver we're taking on buses back to Seattle.

Edited by Jeter02

• Jeter02 changed the title to Alaska (Whitter to Vancouver) - Testing Positive on B2B end of 1st leg?
11 minutes ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Princess didn’t test us when we did the North/South b2b on the Grand -11 May.

The difference of I'm not mistaken is if you start South in Anchorage a requirement of Canada's Health protocols and guidelines when you and your cruise or finish your first leg northbound in Canada, Canada is requiring all passengers to be tested prior to talking. The US dies not have such requirements 

I can actually answer this, LOL    My BIL & SIL were on The Royal sailing Anchorage to Vancouver, 5/21.   The night before the boat landed in Vancouver my SIL tested positive and was put in quarantine on a cabin on the 8th deck, with a balcony.  (She had a cough the day before and they tested her and it was negative).   She was told that she was not allowed to get off of the ship in Vancouver.  She would have to quarantine on the ship.   MY BIL had the option of getting off of the ship and flying home or staying on board in their original cabin.  He stayed on the ship.  We were texting with them (we were supposed to be on the cruise with them, but had to cancel before final payment date) and SIL said that she had heard that there were 10 people remaining on the ship due to testing positive.  On Sunday, she texted that her husband tested positive on Sunday, so they quarantined together the rest of the trip.  

They both had nothing but good things to say about Princess.  They had good service, free Wifi, free coffee/drinks and about everything that they needed.  No complaints from them.  They said that the scenery was stunning and they enjoyed it from their balcony and it was a great place to quarantine, if they had to quarantine.   They got off of the ship yesterday in Anchorage and flew home.

They had said that if they had tested negative sailing into Anchorage, they would have been quarantined in a hotel.

Hope this info helps!

• Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I can actually answer this, LOL    My BIL & SIL were on The Royal sailing Anchorage to Vancouver, 5/21.   The night before the boat landed in Vancouver my SIL tested positive and was put in quarantine on a cabin on the 8th deck, with a balcony.  (She had a cough the day before and they tested her and it was negative).   She was told that she was not allowed to get off of the ship in Vancouver.  She would have to quarantine on the ship.   MY BIL had the option of getting off of the ship and flying home or staying on board in their original cabin.  He stayed on the ship.  We were texting with them (we were supposed to be on the cruise with them, but had to cancel before final payment date) and SIL said that she had heard that there were 10 people remaining on the ship due to testing positive.  On Sunday, she texted that her husband tested positive on Sunday, so they quarantined together the rest of the trip.  

They both had nothing but good things to say about Princess.  They had good service, free Wifi, free coffee/drinks and about everything that they needed.  No complaints from them.  They said that the scenery was stunning and they enjoyed it from their balcony and it was a great place to quarantine, if they had to quarantine.   They got off of the ship yesterday in Anchorage and flew home.

They had said that if they had tested negative sailing into Anchorage, they would have been quarantined in a hotel.

Hope this info helps!

Hooray! You are absolutely amazing! I truly appreciate this information. I'd like to think I'm going to be perfectly fine as I sailed on about eight cruises since the restart since last August.

My biggest fear was having to be potentially kicked off for my second leg of my B2B and stuck in Canada. I don't mind spending the second week if I had to in quarantine on the ship because I know I'll be very well taken care of.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Hooray! You are absolutely amazing! I truly appreciate this information. I'd like to think I'm going to be perfectly fine as I sailed on about eight cruises since the restart since last August.

My biggest fear was having to be potentially kicked off for my second leg of my B2B and stuck in Canada. I don't mind spending the second week if I had to in quarantine on the ship because I know I'll be very well taken care of.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Yesterday in Whittier they took a tour bus full of Covid positive pax. Durning sail out, I did see a few heads popped out from the Caribe deck which is blocked off for quarantine. I guess a few stayed onboard. 

Edited by Yehootu
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Yesterday in Whittier they took a tour bus full of Covid positive pax. Durning sail out, I did see a few heads popped out from the Caribe deck which is blocked off for quarantine. I guess a few stayed onboard. 

Thank you so much for the information! I'm assuming the ones that we're taking away on the covid bus it was the end of their trip and those were staying remaining on board I'm going to presume are doing a B2B.

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Thank you so much for the information! I'm assuming the ones that we're taking away on the covid bus it was the end of their trip and those were staying remaining on board I'm going to presume are doing a B2B.

That's what I'd assume. We booked as a 14day and sure don't want extra time in Vancouver. Roll with it and have a good time is what we plan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

That's what I'd assume. We booked as a 14day and sure don't want extra time in Vancouver. Roll with it and have a good time is what we plan.

I am totally agreeing with you about the extra time in vancouver. I'm always and so I'm in a complete positive side mindset and can't wait for my trip next weekend!!!! 

Well I just spoke to a friend of mine who works on board Majestic who called up guest services for me to ask the grand question and to confirm what the protocols are God forbid so in test positive before docking in Vancouver from Whitter.

It's always best to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth but unfortunately it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. If you test positive before Vancouver you will be disembarked from the ship and will be taken to a hotel in Seattle where the hotel and meals will be taken care of.

They do not take care of your flights unless and only if you booked your flights through princess then in that case they will take care of all the arrangements for you on that.

Just thought I would share the information at least for those who might be sailing on the Majestic Whittier to Vancouver, as there seems to be a couple of different answers for the other ships doing the same itinerary I hope this information helps.

• Thanks 1