Parking at Canada Place in Vancouver

Hi!

Does anyone have experience parking at Canada Place in Vancouver during an Alaskan cruise?

We will be parking a rental car for the week. Wondering if we need to pre-book? Looks like $264 (CAD?) for the week if I book in advance.

Or any recommendations for parking near the cruise terminal, besides the official Canada place parking?

Thanks for any insights!

Canada Place is expensive. I found a daily rate of about $25.00 per day (Canadian). When we parked there in 2000, the rate was much cheaper!

I digress... we are on a 12 night Alaska cruise in September. We are driving to Vancouver (we live in Washington State) the day before departure and staying at the Blue Horizon Hotel which is a short distance to Canada Place. The hotel offers parking at a daily rate of $20.25 plus taxes (CA)

Are you staying pre- cruise at a hotel which may offer parking? I assume there is a good reason why you have rental car to park when you are not there. Can you just rent one upon your return, since it will be parked while on the cruise?

After some searching, I think that there are other lots but no reservation guarantees. I pretty much gave up and just figured to go the day ahead and park at the hotel. This hotel gets great reviews, is in a good location, has parking and is not as expensive as most.

• Like 1

Thanks @nini!

yes, renting the car to get to and from Seattle (where we are flying) and then taking it post-cruise for a week to Vancouver island. With 2 little kids, felt it was easiest to have the car throughout.

thanks for the suggestion to look into hotel

parking!!

I understand. Such a bummer to have to pay for parking the week that you are on the cruise. I did just find out that YVR offers long term parking which is much less. You could do that and take the Skytrain to your hotel. I assume you will be overnight in Vancouver?

• Like 1