Have only sailed Norwegian, why should be try another line?

blackdot

We like Norwegian. They are a cheaper cruise and the open bar makes it a homerun. We went on 2 Celebrity cruises and they are classier with a  higher end vibe and the passengers seem to fit that bill as well. Rolled up face towels on ice when getting on board each stop, better food, things like that. We'd like to go on another Celebrity cruise but Norwegian's price point keeps us coming back. 

• Like 1

kinda had the same question only with Celebrity...took an Alaskan cruise last month (my first cruise)

and wondering if there are any other lines comparable...the entire trip was AMAZING....or is this more of if it ain't  broke, don't fix it kinda thing?

not sure we are really hot weather people so that's also an issue of where do we go next....do we go and sweat in the Caribbean just to say we did it or.....so lots of questions with not many answers lol

1 hour ago, Baxterbunnymom said:

kinda had the same question only with Celebrity...took an Alaskan cruise last month (my first cruise)

and wondering if there are any other lines comparable...the entire trip was AMAZING....or is this more of if it ain't  broke, don't fix it kinda thing?

not sure we are really hot weather people so that's also an issue of where do we go next....do we go and sweat in the Caribbean just to say we did it or.....so lots of questions with not many answers lol

Lol. You don't have to be "hot weather people" to enjoy a Caribbean cruise. Pick the time of year and type of excursions judiciously. And remember that the ships are air conditioned, and it feels cooler on deck at sea because you are moving (sea breeze). 

As someone with no particular line loyalty, we have chosen the itinerary (or at least the part of the world) we want and then looked at the lines that went there.  If that included one of our favorite lines, we went with them. But if it meant a line that was new to us, we are up for that too. You will never know if another line is as good or better than the last until you try it.

• Like 1

It’s your money, you decide.  We loved Norwegian until they went to the big ships. And no, Oceania is not Norwegian on a smaller scale, if only sigh 😌 

why change unless there is an itinerary you want to try where Norwegian doesn’t sail.  

I have liked all of the lines I have sailed on. The only waste of money in my experience was a recent river cruise (I left a review).  For all of the others all have had some redeeming quality that outweighed any negatives.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:04 AM, Jonny Rotten said:

We like Norwegian. They are a cheaper cruise and the open bar makes it a homerun. We went on 2 Celebrity cruises and they are classier with a  higher end vibe and the passengers seem to fit that bill as well. Rolled up face towels on ice when getting on board each stop, better food, things like that. We'd like to go on another Celebrity cruise but Norwegian's price point keeps us coming back. 

“Classier” and “higher end vibe” are very relative terms - highly dependent on personal experience. Kind of reminds one of the old song/saying about “How ya gonna keep ‘em down in the farm after they’ve seen Paree.” Well, some folks ditch the farm for the big city while others can’t wait to get home. It’s all relative.

Bottom line is that’s why there are industry segments in everything from cruises to cars to camps for kids.....

And, when it comes to cruising, there’s now even segments within a segment (ship within a ship) concepts like NCL’s Haven, which in many ways is the Gateway intro to NCLH’s other more “exclusive” lines - Oceania and Regent. 

And, also worth a mention is the reality that “better” doesn’t always mean more “expensive” when it comes to cruising. But, that’s a whole other discussion.

• Like 2

Ccl will give you the best price. It also has the comedy club, if that is what you like. The food on ccl is just ok. Rccl is in the middle, it will cost a little more but the food and the the ship will be better. Princess and Celebrity will have better food and better shows than ccl or rccl. I would try another line if i were you.