Quick way to check how booked a particular cruise is?

I've been checking a 5 day sailing on the Getaway sailing last week of June 22. When I do a mock booking on either inside or Balcony (not sailaway) it automatically assigns me to a room and does not show me other cabins to change stateroom. Does this mean it's closed to fully booked or is there a new secret to finding the current availability on a particular sailing?

36 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

I've been checking a 5 day sailing on the Getaway sailing last week of June 22. When I do a mock booking on either inside or Balcony (not sailaway) it automatically assigns me to a room and does not show me other cabins to change stateroom. Does this mean it's closed to fully booked or is there a new secret to finding the current availability on a particular sailing?

Nope. NCL will only show you a short list of what it could sisters the “best” rooms. 

You can click “select a different stateroom” (it’s listed under the suggested room in smaller letter), and then it will bring you to a page that allows you to select aft, mod, forward, and the deck. I’ve been tracking availability for my July cruise and usually just keep an eye on booked balconies on 8-11 to keep an idea of upgrade potential, etc.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

Does this mean it's closed to fully booked or is there a new secret to finding the current availability on a particular sailing?

As others have mentioned, there is a link below where your assigned cabin is displayed that allows you to select a different cabin.  The older web interface only allowed you to see something like 12 or 15 cabins.  The current interface allows you to go deck by deck, forward/mid/aft to see all available rooms.  It's a bit tedious if you want an exact number, but you can quickly get an idea of how full the ship is.  That said, it's best to grab the room you want early, as NCL will often lock out some cabin categories to "guaranteed." 

Edited by ChiefMateJRK