NCL Current Covid Canel Policy

NW Pacific

I have looked, asked online chat, but know it is my bad, but cannot bring up the current policy if you test 48 hours before cruise  positive, what is the cancel policy? I have  been directed to where to click on "policy" NCL online, i dont' get anywhere.  HELP out to all those you experts, thanks

5 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

I have looked, asked online chat, but know it is my bad, but cannot bring up the current policy if you test 48 hours before cruise  positive, what is the cancel policy? I have  been directed to where to click on "policy" NCL online, i dont' get anywhere.  HELP out to all those you experts, thanks

https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

• If you, your family members or travelling companions assigned to the same stateroom cancel a cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. To qualify for the FCC, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Norwegian, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Norwegian.

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

• If you, your family members or travelling companions assigned to the same stateroom cancel a cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. To qualify for the FCC, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Norwegian, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Norwegian.

For me, that link just goes to the main NCL landing page, not to the refund policy.

Just now, CaptainBazz said:

@bookbabe go to NCL.com...click on Explore...sail safe...scroll down to the frequently asked questions...go to Q8, 'will I receive a refund.. and click on the link there.

Still gives me the landing page.  Maybe because I’m defaulted to the Cdn version of the site?  No idea, but all I ever get now is the landing page instead of the cancellation policies.

@bookbabe here is a copy:

REFUND* AND CANCELLATION POLICY FOR COVID-19

For all cruises:

The following information applies to all sailings scheduled during the nationally declared Public Health Emergency involving COVID-19. Except as specifically stated below, or as otherwise provided in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise, the standard cancellation policies and penalties described in the Cruise Ticket Contract apply. The below policies are effective January 1, 2021 for voyage dates on or after January 1, 2021 on a prospective basis for all cruises: 

Cruise Cancelled by Norwegian

• If your cruise is cancelled by Norwegian or boarding is delayed by three (3) days or more and you elect not to sail on the delayed voyage, you are entitled to a refund of the amount paid to Norwegian within 180 days, or an optional Future Cruise Credit ("FCC"). This policy also applies if you already cancelled the same cruise within 60 days prior to the scheduled sailing date. 

Cruise Cancelled by Guest

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from travelling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.

Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation

• If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or are quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a prorated refund, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”), for the amount paid to Norwegian in the event of denial at embarkation, or the unused portion of your fare in all other cases 
  • Guests who are denied embarkation or reboarding for failure to comply with Norwegian Cruise Line's COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. Please refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract issued for your cruise for complete details. 

*All refund requests must be made within 90 days of the date you cancelled your voyage or the schedule embarkation date, whichever is earlier, or you may only be entitled to a Future Cruise Credit for the amount specified. To apply for a refund please go to Case Submission Form

• Like 1