First ever cruise

David1975

Hi all, 

We have booked our first ever cruise and chose to go with NCL on board the Jade to sail around the Greek islands in August, and this site has been a godsend for us, as most of our questions have been answered on these boards.

I'm eager to find out as newbies to this, would it be more beneficial to use the cruise company excursions for trips, than start to plan our own?

My big concern is something going wrong and us not making it back to the ship on time

I appreciate the cost difference but i suppose it's the reassurance of possibly having fellow passengers on the same trips and not being stranded

TIA for any replies

David & Cathy

Do you have experience with land-based trips and independent travel in Europe?  If so, you might feel comfortable doing your own thing in some or all ports.  What are the ports?  We may be able to offer you hints as to a few that you can easily do with minimal risk.

If this is your first time in Europe, I might suggest that taking the ship excursions would be less stressful for you.  I am now a big DIY excursion person in Europe.  But I've now been there many times both on cruises and on land vacations.  But, for my first cruise ever, I also chose the Mediterranean.  So, I chose to use ship excursions to make my life simpler for me.  At that point, I only had European experiences in London and Paris.  I found picking from the ship's Mediterranean excursions to be less stressful than trying to figure out how it was all done.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, David1975 said:

Hi all, 

We have booked our first ever cruise and chose to go with NCL on board the Jade to sail around the Greek islands in August, and this site has been a godsend for us, as most of our questions have been answered on these boards.

I'm eager to find out as newbies to this, would it be more beneficial to use the cruise company excursions for trips, than start to plan our own?

My big concern is something going wrong and us not making it back to the ship on time

I appreciate the cost difference but i suppose it's the reassurance of possibly having fellow passengers on the same trips and not being stranded

TIA for any replies

David & Cathy

First of all, congratulations you will love it. I usually do a mix and it depends on a couple of things. First, how far away from the port (or complex is it) to get to the thing I want to see? Farther/more complex=go through cruise.

Second, how much of a planner are you or how much time do you have to plan? You can do all the same things often on your own (referred to as DYI in the forums), but it will take research and planning, and sometimes a small leap of faith. These forums are invaluable for that (as are placed like Trip Advisor), but it also depends on things like risk tolerance and whether planning/research is your thing. Independent tour operators that you’ll find on Cruise Critic forums can often be a happy middle ground. 

Third, what’s the price difference? Sometimes the price difference isn’t much and then why not through the ship. Other times there’s a BIG difference and it feels worth it. Flexibility plays into this too. Sometimes you want to do X not Y, but on a ship tour you get what you get. But sometimes sacrificing that for peace of mind is worth it. 

11 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Do you have experience with land-based trips and independent travel in Europe?  If so, you might feel comfortable doing your own thing in some or all ports.  What are the ports?  We may be able to offer you hints as to a few that you can easily do with minimal risk.

If this is your first time in Europe, I might suggest that taking the ship excursions would be less stressful for you.  I am now a big DIY excursion person in Europe.  But I've now been there many times both on cruises and on land vacations.  But, for my first cruise ever, I also chose the Mediterranean.  So, I chose to use ship excursions to make my life simpler for me.  At that point, I only had European experiences in London and Paris.  I found picking from the ship's Mediterranean excursions to be less stressful than trying to figure out how it was all done.

We do travel to Europe most years for beach holidays, and tend to do some of our own excursions. Nothing too extravagant as such, but to tend to try and do our own thing

We are visiting Kusadasi and Patmos, Rhodes, Mykonos, Kefalonia, Corfu, Santorini, Bodrum and Heraklion over the course of our 9 days on the cruise, so quite a lot on offer regards possible excursions. 

3 minutes ago, jas283a said:

First of all, congratulations you will love it. I usually do a mix and it depends on a couple of things. First, how far away from the port (or complex is it) to get to the thing I want to see? Farther/more complex=go through cruise.

Second, how much of a planner are you or how much time do you have to plan? You can do all the same things often on your own (referred to as DYI in the forums), but it will take research and planning, and sometimes a small leap of faith. These forums are invaluable for that (as are placed like Trip Advisor), but it also depends on things like risk tolerance and whether planning/research is your thing. Independent tour operators that you’ll find on Cruise Critic forums can often be a happy middle ground. 

Third, what’s the price difference? Sometimes the price difference isn’t much and then why not through the ship. Other times there’s a BIG difference and it feels worth it. Flexibility plays into this too. Sometimes you want to do X not Y, but on a ship tour you get what you get. But sometimes sacrificing that for peace of mind is worth it. 

Thanks for your reply, 

I'm quite happy to set aside a few weekends to really look into things and do some research on the different options. Flicking through some threads here, I've read the negatives such as return transport not appearing etc, but for every bad one, there are 10 positives. With this being the first time cruising I just want everything to go smoothly without any drama as such, not to say there may not be drama, but trying to keep it to the absolute minimum.

Spent an hour this afternoon just looking at the first stop with what the ship excursions are and then searching private options, and one, in particular, is actually better priced than the private one, so definitely worth taking the time to delve into it. 

Peace of mind is key, i'm more of a risk-taker, my wife a worrier, so keeping the other half reassured and happy is key in all this 

Reading current trip reports will be very helpful.  Any CruiseLine, any ship that has similar port stops as your itinerary.  They usually are quite detailed with lots of info about excursions and vendors. 

Also, look at the Roll Call for your sailing. You'll probably find fellow pax who are trying to find a few people to fill up private excursions they are organizing. And look at other Roll Calls for your itinerary to get more ideas.

I have Rick Steves book, Mediterranean by Cruise Port.  It was helpful to learn about each port and the  sights/activities available.

2 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Reading current trip reports will be very helpful.  Any CruiseLine, any ship that has similar port stops as your itinerary.  They usually are quite detailed with lots of info about excursions and vendors. 

Also, look at the Roll Call for your sailing. You'll probably find fellow pax who are trying to find a few people to fill up private excursions they are organizing. And look at other Roll Calls for your itinerary to get more ideas.

I have Rick Steves book, Mediterranean by Cruise Port.  It was helpful to learn about each port and the  sights/activities available.

Great stuff, many thanks for your info 

2 hours ago, David1975 said:

We do travel to Europe most years for beach holidays, and tend to do some of our own excursions. Nothing too extravagant as such, but to tend to try and do our own thing

We are visiting Kusadasi and Patmos, Rhodes, Mykonos, Kefalonia, Corfu, Santorini, Bodrum and Heraklion over the course of our 9 days on the cruise, so quite a lot on offer regards possible excursions. 

I am not a fan of shore excursions in general but that's just my own experience. For someone a bit hesitant, my suggestions based on your ports would be:

• Kusadasi:  Take a tour of some sort, but definitely get to Ephesus. Many excursions combine Ephesus ruins with other things, but Ephesus is the big "wow". It's about 25-30 minute drive from the port. Having a guide makes it come alive. Try to find a tour that includes an inside visit to the "Terrace Houses" within the site.

• Rhodes:  The entrance to the old town is mere steps from where you get off the ship and it is a fairly small, contained area. Quite easy to do on your own (if you do a little research about the attractions -- definitely want to see the Palace of the Grand Masters, the old Hospital that's now a museum, but mainly just wander the streets).  Very little chance of getting left by ship.

• Mykonos:  If you just want to wander and experience a classic Greek isle with winding pedestrian streets and whitewashed shops/windmills, you can get to the old town easily on your own whether your ship tenders (right into town) or docks (take a cheap shuttle ride).  If you want to see Delos, a tour may be easier than doing it on your own, although both are possible. You can also visit one of the many beaches by taxi or bus.

• Corfu:  If you just want to visit Corfu town, you can easily get transportation there and back on your own. There is a very pretty promenade (Venetian), a couple of churches worth a visit, an icon museum and an archaeological museum in town.  If you want a broader overview of the island, take a ship tour or just a taxi tour. Note that the Achilleion Palace is closed right now for restoration (one of the biggest attractions outside of the town).

• Santorini:  It's a bit of a runaround to do on your own, especially if there are several ships in port as there are some pinch points (e.g., everyone not on a shore excursion must tender into a separate port, must wait for the cable car up to the top of the cliff, and so on. Tours get tendered to a separate location (before all others, I might add) and get on buses.  Oia is what most people want to see -- the iconic white houses and blue roofs. It gets very crowded from mid-morning. To get their on your own from Thira (where you arrive) you'd need to take a local bus or taxi from the cliff top OR a boat from the place where tenders arrive.  Beware of the cable car line in the afternoon which can be quite long -- the other alternatives are not ideal and involve a long walk down the somewhat steep and slippery stairs or a donkey ride which is even worse.

• Heraklion:  The chief site is Knossos and it's worth seeing. Like Ephesus it's not terribly far from Heraklion proper, but probably worth taking a tour to get the insights from a guide. Some tours will also include the (new and very good) archaeological museum in Heraklion. If yours doesn't, you could ask to be dropped off in town before the bus goes back to the pier and you can walk to it on your own, then back to the ship -- it's not a long walk, maybe 30 minutes.

I haven't been to Patmos, Bodrum, or Kefalonia. In Bodrum I think there are things to do in town within walking distance of the port. For me, I'd want to get out to see the remains of the Tomb of Mausolus (the monument that gave us the term "Mausoleum").  While there's not much left of it, it's one of those iconic places I enjoy.  

38 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am not a fan of shore excursions in general but that's just my own experience. For someone a bit hesitant, my suggestions based on your ports would be:

• Kusadasi:  Take a tour of some sort, but definitely get to Ephesus. Many excursions combine Ephesus ruins with other things, but Ephesus is the big "wow". It's about 25-30 minute drive from the port. Having a guide makes it come alive. Try to find a tour that includes an inside visit to the "Terrace Houses" within the site.

• Rhodes:  The entrance to the old town is mere steps from where you get off the ship and it is a fairly small, contained area. Quite easy to do on your own (if you do a little research about the attractions -- definitely want to see the Palace of the Grand Masters, the old Hospital that's now a museum, but mainly just wander the streets).  Very little chance of getting left by ship.

• Mykonos:  If you just want to wander and experience a classic Greek isle with winding pedestrian streets and whitewashed shops/windmills, you can get to the old town easily on your own whether your ship tenders (right into town) or docks (take a cheap shuttle ride).  If you want to see Delos, a tour may be easier than doing it on your own, although both are possible. You can also visit one of the many beaches by taxi or bus.

• Corfu:  If you just want to visit Corfu town, you can easily get transportation there and back on your own. There is a very pretty promenade (Venetian), a couple of churches worth a visit, an icon museum and an archaeological museum in town.  If you want a broader overview of the island, take a ship tour or just a taxi tour. Note that the Achilleion Palace is closed right now for restoration (one of the biggest attractions outside of the town).

• Santorini:  It's a bit of a runaround to do on your own, especially if there are several ships in port as there are some pinch points (e.g., everyone not on a shore excursion must tender into a separate port, must wait for the cable car up to the top of the cliff, and so on. Tours get tendered to a separate location (before all others, I might add) and get on buses.  Oia is what most people want to see -- the iconic white houses and blue roofs. It gets very crowded from mid-morning. To get their on your own from Thira (where you arrive) you'd need to take a local bus or taxi from the cliff top OR a boat from the place where tenders arrive.  Beware of the cable car line in the afternoon which can be quite long -- the other alternatives are not ideal and involve a long walk down the somewhat steep and slippery stairs or a donkey ride which is even worse.

• Heraklion:  The chief site is Knossos and it's worth seeing. Like Ephesus it's not terribly far from Heraklion proper, but probably worth taking a tour to get the insights from a guide. Some tours will also include the (new and very good) archaeological museum in Heraklion. If yours doesn't, you could ask to be dropped off in town before the bus goes back to the pier and you can walk to it on your own, then back to the ship -- it's not a long walk, maybe 30 minutes.

I haven't been to Patmos, Bodrum, or Kefalonia. In Bodrum I think there are things to do in town within walking distance of the port. For me, I'd want to get out to see the remains of the Tomb of Mausolus (the monument that gave us the term "Mausoleum").  While there's not much left of it, it's one of those iconic places I enjoy.  

Great specific advise for each port (at least the one’s I’ve been to), I would agree with all of it. I’d add for Heraklion, we did Knossos and the museum DIY, using a Hop on/Hop Off bus. We chose not to, but you can hire guides once you get there. The museum was amazing and I would highly recommend. 

I might also say pace yourself, especially if you don’t have any sea days. If you have multiple all-day excursions you will wear yourself out quickly, especially since it will be pretty hot in August. So if, for example, you are out all day in Heraklion with Knossos and the museum, maybe you plan for an easier, shorter day ashore the next port in Mykonos (unsure an itinerary, just an example). 

3 hours ago, David1975 said:

Thanks for your reply, 

I'm quite happy to set aside a few weekends to really look into things and do some research on the different options. Flicking through some threads here, I've read the negatives such as return transport not appearing etc, but for every bad one, there are 10 positives. With this being the first time cruising I just want everything to go smoothly without any drama as such, not to say there may not be drama, but trying to keep it to the absolute minimum.

Spent an hour this afternoon just looking at the first stop with what the ship excursions are and then searching private options, and one, in particular, is actually better priced than the private one, so definitely worth taking the time to delve into it. 

Peace of mind is key, i'm more of a risk-taker, my wife a worrier, so keeping the other half reassured and happy is key in all this 

It’s the same way with my wife and I, absolutely get it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Fantastic, thank you so much for your detailed reply. That has given plenty of food for thought. Sounds like Santorini is going to be the one which may raise a few issues depending on how we travel. We definitely want to visit Oia, so I’ll explore your info and what the ship is offering in more detail 

thank you again 

4 hours ago, jas283a said:

Great specific advise for each port (at least the one’s I’ve been to), I would agree with all of it. I’d add for Heraklion, we did Knossos and the museum DIY, using a Hop on/Hop Off bus. We chose not to, but you can hire guides once you get there. The museum was amazing and I would highly recommend. 

I might also say pace yourself, especially if you don’t have any sea days. If you have multiple all-day excursions you will wear yourself out quickly, especially since it will be pretty hot in August. So if, for example, you are out all day in Heraklion with Knossos and the museum, maybe you plan for an easier, shorter day ashore the next port in Mykonos (unsure an itinerary, just an example). 

We’ve visited Rhodes quite a few times so will more than likely save that day to remain on the ship. The itinerary is quite heavy, so we’ll definitely use one of the days to maybe use as a beach visit and relax a bit as opposed to anything too strenuous 

21 hours ago, David1975 said:

You'll find that most of us on Cruise Critic tend to DIY or to use local tour operators - not just because of the cost but also the freedom to do our own thing.

Cruise lines do seriously over-play the risks of not taking their own excursions and the security of "the ship will wait for our excursions to return"  

But even for us there are occasions when a ship-sponsored excursion makes more sense - long distances, unreliable transport infrastructure with no Plan B alternatives, etc. 

You've been to Europe before and done your own thing, but consider a mix of ship's excursions, shared independent excursions (have you checked your cruise RollCall?), and DIY.

Kusadasi is for Ephesus, we & others have struggled to find anything else worthwhile for a second call at that port.  It's about 30 minutes by road from the ship. A shared independent tour is probably the best way,. Best if shared with others from the ship (via your RollCall?), if it's shared with land-based tourists make sure it gets back to Kusadasi in very good time. Normal routine is you & your guide get dropped at the Ephesus entrance & your transport waits for you to emerge at the other end of the site.

If you choose to do it DIY by haggllng for a taxi, pick up a guide at the entrance or at the very least get a guide book before your cruise - signage is very poor and you won't even know what you're looking at. 

Mykonos. No need for a ship's excursion.  Catch the boat-bus from the cruise berths to the village harbour,  about 1 1/2 miles. Or if your ship moors off-shore you'll be tendered direct to the harbour.

The village is well worth wandering - harbour-front cafes & bars - and Petros the pelican ( & his siblings), the village mascot - immaculate and colourful little winding alleyways of shops & homes, the iconic line of windmills behind the village, and "Little Venice" just around the corner. But the village beach is unworthy. 

If you choose to take the little ferry to the island of Delos, be sure to do that first and  take the return ferry in very good time.  I think ships' excursions take the same ferry.

Corfu. Local bus from the port gate to town takes about ten minutes, frequency is every 10 to 20 minutes. There are a couple of castles, but the town is mainly for shopping & for people-watching from behind a cool pint.

Sorry, can't help with tours for elsewhere on the island.

Santorini is a tough one to advise on.

As per other posts & threads, all ships moor off-shore near Fira.

Those on ships' excursions are tendered south to the little ferry harbour of Athinos, where the road comes down to the port. (But those tours end at the top of the cliff in Fira)

Everyone else is tendered to the quayside at the foot of the cliffs under Fira - there's no road, you go up to Fira by cablecar which is easy but long lines can form. or by donkey (they're actually mules) up the zig-zag path, walking up the path is too strenuous for even the fittest plus you're mixing it with the donkeys. Or from the quay the little ferry north to Oia, where the road comes down to the little harbour & a bus ride up to the village is included in the ferry fare. You then need a taxi or overcrowded little bus to Fira - that can take time, so don't leave it too late.

Oia is very popular, if you start off by going up the cliff to Fira there are bus / van tours to Oia. Or rent an ATV (remember to take your driving licence & mebbe your passport).

Whichever way you choose to visit Santorini - whether that's ship's excursion or ferry or up the cliff, you'll end the day having to go down the cliff to the tender quay, and that's the biggest pinch-point of the day. Long lines can form at the cablecar station, depending how many ships are leaving at about the same time. That can be as long as two hours..

I suggest that - provided that you're tolerably mobile - you get to the cable-car station at least 45 minutes before "last tender" time. If the line for the cablecar is long, your Plan B is to walk down the zig-zag path  to the quay - it takes 25 to 30 minutes, not strenuous, and few if any donkeys at that time of day (low demand & donkeys aren't great at going down steps).

Bear in mind that at berthed ports you normally have to be back on-board 30 minutes before sailing time, at tendered ports you have to be at the tender quay 60 minutes before sailing time. That's "at the tender quay", not "on the ship", so a long line for the tenders is irrelevant - if there's still a line at last-tender time they continue ferrying until the line is mopped-up.

Pre-Covid, Celebrity experimented with bringing their excursions back from Athinos (same as at the start), avoiding the cablecar pinch-point. Check whether NCL will be doing that for your cruise - it may tip the balance in favour of taking ship's excursion.

And try to figure what other ships will be at Santorini on the same day - and their arrival & departure times. Various websites provide this information eg https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/santorini-island-port-69?tab=schedule&month=2022-08#schedule It looks like you'll be on a similar schedule to only one relatively small cruise ship, but check out other sites cos those websites can be inaccurate or out-of-date.

If you're not going to compete with other large ships or if you're happy to walk down the zig-zag path back to the tender quay then I don't see a problem with DIY. 

If your ship's excursions tender you back from Athinos, you might think it worthy of consideration.

If you've not yet figured them..............

the "search" facility.

Go to the page for one of the countries (Turkish ports will be in "other Med ports").

In the little "search" box (top-right) type in the name of a port.

In the drop-down which will appear, click on "this forum".

Click on the little spyglass beside the search box.

After a short delay for the magic to work, it'll show all the posts which mention that port.

Your cruise RollCall.

This is for everyone on your cruise to introduce themselves, share tips, and to look for sharers for independent excursions.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/270-norwegian-jade-roll-calls/

There are a couple of Norwegian Jade cruises in August - look for the one with your sailing date. (They're not listed chronologically - when someone posts on one it goes to the top of the pile.)

JB 🙂

• Thanks 1

I agree with all of the above. 

A couple of additional comments. 

Mykonos - if you want to see Delos, you must go in the morning. The whole island is an archeological site and it closes down at 3.

For Mykonos itself, I have been there a few times and one activity we enjoyed once was 4-wheel drive tour of the island. 

Patmos - don't miss visiting the monastery/castle of St John and the adjacent town of Chora.  This is an excursion offered by all ships.  There are also some local tour operators. You can take taxis and DIY, but having a guide is really worth it. Then spend some time looking around the port town of Skala.

Kefalonia - there is an excellent thread on this board. Check it out.

Edited by marazul

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

You'll find that most of us on Cruise Critic tend to DIY or to use local tour operators - not just because of the cost but also the freedom to do our own thing.

Cruise lines do seriously over-play the risks of not taking their own excursions and the security of "the ship will wait for our excursions to return"  

But even for us there are occasions when a ship-sponsored excursion makes more sense - long distances, unreliable transport infrastructure with no Plan B alternatives, etc. 

You've been to Europe before and done your own thing, but consider a mix of ship's excursions, shared independent excursions (have you checked your cruise RollCall?), and DIY.

Kusadasi is for Ephesus, we & others have struggled to find anything else worthwhile for a second call at that port.  It's about 30 minutes by road from the ship. A shared independent tour is probably the best way,. Best if shared with others from the ship (via your RollCall?), if it's shared with land-based tourists make sure it gets back to Kusadasi in very good time. Normal routine is you & your guide get dropped at the Ephesus entrance & your transport waits for you to emerge at the other end of the site.

If you choose to do it DIY by haggllng for a taxi, pick up a guide at the entrance or at the very least get a guide book before your cruise - signage is very poor and you won't even know what you're looking at. 

Mykonos. No need for a ship's excursion.  Catch the boat-bus from the cruise berths to the village harbour,  about 1 1/2 miles. Or if your ship moors off-shore you'll be tendered direct to the harbour.

The village is well worth wandering - harbour-front cafes & bars - and Petros the pelican ( & his siblings), the village mascot - immaculate and colourful little winding alleyways of shops & homes, the iconic line of windmills behind the village, and "Little Venice" just around the corner. But the village beach is unworthy. 

If you choose to take the little ferry to the island of Delos, be sure to do that first and  take the return ferry in very good time.  I think ships' excursions take the same ferry.

Corfu. Local bus from the port gate to town takes about ten minutes, frequency is every 10 to 20 minutes. There are a couple of castles, but the town is mainly for shopping & for people-watching from behind a cool pint.

Sorry, can't help with tours for elsewhere on the island.

Santorini is a tough one to advise on.

As per other posts & threads, all ships moor off-shore near Fira.

Those on ships' excursions are tendered south to the little ferry harbour of Athinos, where the road comes down to the port. (But those tours end at the top of the cliff in Fira)

Everyone else is tendered to the quayside at the foot of the cliffs under Fira - there's no road, you go up to Fira by cablecar which is easy but long lines can form. or by donkey (they're actually mules) up the zig-zag path, walking up the path is too strenuous for even the fittest plus you're mixing it with the donkeys. Or from the quay the little ferry north to Oia, where the road comes down to the little harbour & a bus ride up to the village is included in the ferry fare. You then need a taxi or overcrowded little bus to Fira - that can take time, so don't leave it too late.

Oia is very popular, if you start off by going up the cliff to Fira there are bus / van tours to Oia. Or rent an ATV (remember to take your driving licence & mebbe your passport).

Whichever way you choose to visit Santorini - whether that's ship's excursion or ferry or up the cliff, you'll end the day having to go down the cliff to the tender quay, and that's the biggest pinch-point of the day. Long lines can form at the cablecar station, depending how many ships are leaving at about the same time. That can be as long as two hours..

I suggest that - provided that you're tolerably mobile - you get to the cable-car station at least 45 minutes before "last tender" time. If the line for the cablecar is long, your Plan B is to walk down the zig-zag path  to the quay - it takes 25 to 30 minutes, not strenuous, and few if any donkeys at that time of day (low demand & donkeys aren't great at going down steps).

Bear in mind that at berthed ports you normally have to be back on-board 30 minutes before sailing time, at tendered ports you have to be at the tender quay 60 minutes before sailing time. That's "at the tender quay", not "on the ship", so a long line for the tenders is irrelevant - if there's still a line at last-tender time they continue ferrying until the line is mopped-up.

Pre-Covid, Celebrity experimented with bringing their excursions back from Athinos (same as at the start), avoiding the cablecar pinch-point. Check whether NCL will be doing that for your cruise - it may tip the balance in favour of taking ship's excursion.

And try to figure what other ships will be at Santorini on the same day - and their arrival & departure times. Various websites provide this information eg https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/santorini-island-port-69?tab=schedule&month=2022-08#schedule It looks like you'll be on a similar schedule to only one relatively small cruise ship, but check out other sites cos those websites can be inaccurate or out-of-date.

If you're not going to compete with other large ships or if you're happy to walk down the zig-zag path back to the tender quay then I don't see a problem with DIY. 

If your ship's excursions tender you back from Athinos, you might think it worthy of consideration.

If you've not yet figured them..............

the "search" facility.

Go to the page for one of the countries (Turkish ports will be in "other Med ports").

In the little "search" box (top-right) type in the name of a port.

In the drop-down which will appear, click on "this forum".

Click on the little spyglass beside the search box.

After a short delay for the magic to work, it'll show all the posts which mention that port.

Your cruise RollCall.

This is for everyone on your cruise to introduce themselves, share tips, and to look for sharers for independent excursions.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/270-norwegian-jade-roll-calls/

There are a couple of Norwegian Jade cruises in August - look for the one with your sailing date. (They're not listed chronologically - when someone posts on one it goes to the top of the pile.)

JB 🙂

JB thank you for this, I’ve just seen the reply in work, so will absorb in more detail when home. Comprehensive info right there 😀

• Like 1