Disembarkation Questions

Cruiseskier

Our cruise ends in Amsterdam and wondering how early of a flight we can schedule.  How does Oceania determine what time you can leave?  Is it what we request or they determine?  Also are you allowed to walk off with your own luggage to make an early flight?

Disembarkation is always tied to the decisions of the Security staff of the host country and not Oceania’s decision.  Have your TA confirm the earliest flight time recommended by Oceania but I would guess it is not before noon for international travel.  In the past we have been able to schelp our own bags off the ship and disembark as soon as the ship is cleared by the local authorities but who knows what will be allowed in the future. 
Mauibabes

last trip  we were off by 8:30  as requested   for a noon flight  but  even pre covid it was tight

We had BIZ class & the never ending lines & check points took a while 

I know friends took an earlier flight  but you need to have all the stars aligned

JMO

We had an 8:15 am flight and we were off at 4:10 am to catch our flight from Istanbul. The worst part was the Istanbul airport.  More security checks and you have to walk and walk. Airport is huge. Most foreign airlines are flying in and out of airport that is much further from the city 

1 hour ago, no fuss travel said:

We had an 8:15 am flight and we were off at 4:10 am to catch our flight from Istanbul.

What time did the ship dock??

Did you overnight in Istanbul ?

There are reasons why we almost always (99 times out of 100) go in early and leave late.  Unless it's a port we really have NO interest in ... which has almost never happened.  You can spend at least a night in town, visit the port and schedule your flight accordingly without worrying about getting there on time etc..

Having said this, I do realize that not everyone has plenty of time to spend this way ...and if you have to get back the next day, you do.  But Amsterdam is a great city and well worth a visit ... Again, perhaps you've been there a number of times and there are other reasons why you want to get home ASAP

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SisterHavana said:

We just returned from Riviera on Sunday. We disembarked at 8am for an 11:45 flight out of Nice. I believe the ship docked at 7.

It will depend on how far the port is from the airport  as well

If the airport is 1.5  to 2 hrs away   plus heavy traffic route  ..you may not make an early flight

JMO

For us we always play the safe side and late a later flight out or stay over night.  We rush—-if for any reason you miss that flight - it’s always not so easy to take the next one in the class of service you want.  Hope all works out for you.

Again, it can come down to:  do you need to get home immediately OR can you spend at least an overnight in a local hotel before flying home.  If you have time to spare then I always recommend staying on ... as I said before, if it's a port you've often visited or for which you have no interest, then you would probably want to leave asap. Otherwise, I recommend spending at least a day there.

Usually we plan on 3 days pre- and post-cruise but we've always had that kind of time available.  Not everyone does.

We did have one of our last cruises which ended in Venice and we opted to go home that morning.  Ordered a cab (I forget what our departure time for the flight was) and got to the airport in plenty of time. There were long lines but they weren't a problem.  Then again, this was a few years ago, pre-Covid.