For those who've done Eastern or Western Europe, do you recommend Princess?

MudderBear

There doesn't seem to be too many sailings next May 2023, but I'd like to stick with Princess as we just finished a cruise on the Majestic Princess and were very impressed.

The only time I've been to Europe was a three city bus tour starting in Venice, Florence and then Rome.  I'd like to perhaps fly in and out of Italy, but not too many "round trip" tours on Princess.  Would love to hear recommendations.  I suppose I can fly in or out of Barcelona if need be....or even Athens.

Looking for a 7 or 8 day cruise (ideally 10 night but I don't think there are any).

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

We book either Princess, Holland America or Celebrity based on itinerary, timing and price. More similarities than differences IMHO.  If it doesn't bother you I'd recommend an inside or OV cabin.  Europe is so port intensive you really don't have time for the balcony.

2 hours ago, MudderBear said:

There doesn't seem to be too many sailings next May 2023, but I'd like to stick with Princess as we just finished a cruise on the Majestic Princess and were very impressed.

The only time I've been to Europe was a three city bus tour starting in Venice, Florence and then Rome.  I'd like to perhaps fly in and out of Italy, but not too many "round trip" tours on Princess.  Would love to hear recommendations.  I suppose I can fly in or out of Barcelona if need be....or even Athens.

Looking for a 7 or 8 day cruise (ideally 10 night but I don't think there are any).

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

We just base it on the itinerary and what works with our schedule.  Love Barcelona.  Where do you want to go?

We love Malta, Rhodes, Santorini, Amalfi coast.  Okay, we also try to plan it with a b2b with a TA in one direction.  

58 minutes ago, clueless2 said:

We book either Princess, Holland America or Celebrity based on itinerary, timing and price. More similarities than differences IMHO.  If it doesn't bother you I'd recommend an inside or OV cabin.  Europe is so port intensive you really don't have time for the balcony.

We did eastern and western Mediterranean, plus the Baltics.  We went out of Athens, Venice, Rome, Istanbul, Barcelona, Southampton and Dover on cruises.  Agree lines are more similar than different, we did Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Cunard, Crystal and NCL.   NCL is more different less expensive than others.   We always book a balcony or above, because like the extra space but do agree cruises are very port intensive so the ship is less important.     Lots of options - pick a cruise you like and go for it.  You will not be sorry.  Lots to see and do.