RCL Air2 Sea

DW and I used Air 2 Sea many moons ago, but have personally booked our air transportation for the better part of 15 years.

We stopped using Air 2 Sea when our flight times, well, they were just stinky.  Personally I could book non stop flights at good times, for about the same price Air 2 Sea would put us on non-direct flights with lousy times....i.e. on disembark day landing at Cincy airport after midnight.

Now the airlines are giving me serious reservations with all the cancellations, and I am curious if it would be better at this point to rejoin Air 2 Sea.

Obviously the Florida contingent this will not apply to, but for others using Air 2 Sea, are you happy with flights provided post cruise?  Pre cruise doesn’t bother me as much as we tend to fly in a day early, just like to arrive during the afternoon.

Thanks for any thoughts in advance,

Eddie

1 minute ago, Eddie Wilson said:

DW and I used Air 2 Sea many moons ago, but have personally booked our air transportation for the better part of 15 years.

We stopped using Air 2 Sea when our flight times, well, they were just stinky.  Personally I could book non stop flights at good times, for about the same price Air 2 Sea would put us on non-direct flights with lousy times....i.e. on disembark day landing at Cincy airport after midnight.

Now the airlines are giving me serious reservations with all the cancellations, and I am curious if it would be better at this point to rejoin Air 2 Sea.

Obviously the Florida contingent this will not apply to, but for others using Air 2 Sea, are you happy with flights provided post cruise?  Pre cruise doesn’t bother me as much as we tend to fly in a day early, just like to arrive during the afternoon.

Eddie

We used Air2Sea with our last cruise and it was amazing.  We found out 10 minutes before we arrived at the airport that our flights were cancelled.  I called Air2Sea and within 30 minutes they had us rebooked on a direct flight that got us in earlier that our original flight at no additional cost.  It was amazing and I will always use Air2Sea now.

• Like 3

I have been so thankful that I didn’t have flights booked on my own when cruising was cancelled.  We just had our Navigator cruise in October change once and then twice.  I have learned that having flexibility is really important.

• Thanks 1

Our Cruise Agent compares flights and cost then decides which works best for us.  Our cruise in March on EOS out of SanJaun was best booked through Air2Sea.  Our upcoming AOS cruise out of Port Liberty was also best booked through Air2Sea.  We had all of our flights booked when Delta stopped almost all the non-stops from our area to EWR.  Our cruise agent worked with Air2sea and had new flights and because everything was booked except first class we are going first class!  

Bill

Air2Sea will let you pick your flights from the options they have available.  So until the airline starts changing their flight schedules (which happens a lot if you book far in advance), you can pick the schedule.

I always look on the airlines web sites first for best options, then check Air2Sea on line to compare before calling Air2Sea.  I let them choose first-could have a special, but if their choice is not acceptable, I then tell them what flights I want.

Until things settle down, I'm sticking with booking with Air2Sea. When a cruise gets cancelled, there's no hassle getting your flight money refunded (instead of airline flight credits). And when I had to return home early because of an accident, they were awesome on getting my return flight changed without cost. 

But one of the best things going right now is that you can book your flights and lock in a price ... then, until final payment you can call periodically and check pricing. If it drops, they will lower the price. They will also check to see if they can get better flight arrangements for the same price. I've gotten several price drops and reschedulings. And several of the price drops were significant.

15 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Eddie

Just used air to sea for a december and March cruise- Actually rates were better then booking directly .  Also we do not have to pay until we pay for the cruise.  If the rates go down prior to your cruise- air to sea will match it- of course you must check- not automatic,  they just did for me today!  Perhaps because we live in NY and have so many choices- we have many choices of airports and times for flight.

Edited by Cruise a holic

@Cruise a holic, good to hear you got a fare adjustment for your Air2sea reservation. I see your earliest cruise is not till December, so I assume you are still before final payment. There is a time limit associated with when you can take advantage of airfare price drops. Your comment just says prior to cruise, one needs to confirm with Air2Sea the exact date, when, if you wanted to make any changes, or  price drops, you are not subject to any fees.

For example, Princess EzAir will not charge for flights booked through them till your final cruise payment is due. If you booked a ‘flexible’ and not ‘restricted’ fare, you are allowed to cancel or make any changes up till 45 days before your first flight or start of the cruise, whichever date is sooner, keeping in mind many passengers fly in earlier than cruise start date, so the 45 days would be earlier. Royals Air2sea program is a little different so you need to confirm with them regarding this policy.

I have not used Air2sea lately, I used it to book flights for last summer for sailings of the Adventure out of Nassau, but I know when they sold off Azamara,  Air2sea portal changed and you could not use online and had to call to see flight options if you were not traveling on cruise start and end dates. I was told months ago it was to be updated but have not checked as I booked my flights for upcoming Brilliance TA for November 2022 on my own and it was a hassle to call Air2sea and since I am flying to Rome a few days early, I feel I have a cushion if there are flight disruptions.

Edited by wallyj

28 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@Cruise a holic, good to hear you got a fare adjustment for your Air2sea reservation. I see your earliest cruise is not till December, so I assume you are still before final payment. There is a time limit associated with when you can take advantage of airfare price drops. Your comment just says prior to cruise, one needs to confirm with Air2Sea the exact date, when, if you wanted to make any changes, or  price drops, you are not subject to any fees.

For example, Princess EzAir will not charge for flights booked through them till your final cruise payment is due. If you booked a ‘flexible’ and not ‘restricted’ fare, you are allowed to cancel or make any changes up till 45 days before your first flight or start of the cruise, whichever date is sooner, keeping in mind many passengers fly in earlier than cruise start date, so the 45 days would be earlier. Royals Air2sea program is a little different so you need to confirm with them regarding this policy.

I have not used Air2sea lately, I used it to book flights for last summer for sailings of the Adventure out of Nassau, but I know when they sold off Azamara,  Air2sea portal changed and you could not use online and had to call to see flight options if you were not traveling on cruise start and end dates. I was told months ago it was to be updated but have not checked as I booked my flights for upcoming Brilliance TA for November 2022 on my own and it was a hassle to call Air2sea and since I am flying to Rome a few days early, I feel I have a cushion if there are flight disruptions.

When I got my cruise air fare changed- I was told be the air to sea rep that the fare (1st class delta) was a fare that could be changed or canceled without any penalty-  I didn't pay extra for that  flexible fare so a nice surprise. Only used air to sea with celebrity and royal.

13 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

When I got my cruise air fare changed- I was told be the air to sea rep that the fare (1st class delta) was a fare that could be changed or canceled without any penalty-  I didn't pay extra for that  flexible fare so a nice surprise. Only used air to sea with celebrity and royal.

You may have booked a ‘refundable’ First class ticket that does not have any restrictions regarding cancellation or changes. People need to be aware, ‘your’ booking rules may not be the same for them, Air2sea lists refundable fares, but there are terms and conditions attached to some of those which have ‘fees’. 

If you book with Royal Air2sea, make sure you know if you are allowed to make changes and up to what date, if applicable, and if you are subject to any ‘fees’.

Policies are subject to change, I know a few years ago, Air2sea bookings were due and payable and ‘locked’ at time of booking, no grace period of waiting till cruise final payment date, now I know they are more flexible. Passengers need to understand booking ‘rules’.

Edited by wallyj

55 minutes ago, wallyj said:

If you book with Royal Air2sea, make sure you know if you are allowed to make changes and up to what date, if applicable, and if you are subject to any ‘fees’.

Good advice. Inside of final payment, Air2Sea charges punitive change fees even if the airline does not.

Also, their obligation in the event of flight disruption is to do what any other travel agent would do, and that is to try to rebook your travel. They do not promise to do this without paying additional fare (although if the airline cancelled a flight and the rebooked flight is on same carrier, there shouldn't be), does not promise to get you to the ship on time (and certainly not hold the ship for you), and unless COVID era policies have changed, cannot fly you to the next port at this time.

I check Air2Sea on international flights as they sometimes have contracted rates that are otherwise unavailable. But otherwise, I can do what they do for finding flights and booking much, much better and faster than they can.

Edited by publicpersona

Hi @Vacation...Yes, what website are you using? When RCL sold off Azamara last summer, they inherited the booking engine and it says something about valid only for Azamara ? I was told they were working on a replacement but it is possible it has not happened.

Your option now is to call them directly and try and find if they have any air options that will appeal to you. I think they are supposed to be available 24/7.

Edited by wallyj

On 6/7/2022 at 7:45 PM, Eddie Wilson said:

Eddie

Umm, FWIW, FL people fly all the time. 😉

We fly to Copenhagen in August.😁

Personally A2S generally works best for overseas flights

A2S booking was a lifesaver when we had to change our flight home from Barcelona on March 14, 2020. The airport was a madhouse, didn't have to deal with anything.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1