Transfer from Venice hotel to Ravenna port Brilliance of the Seas 071722

Can anyone recommend a transfer service to take me from my Venice hotel (which has its own water entrance) to the Ravenna port for my RCCL cruise on embarkation day?  I believe that would require a boat plus a car, but I want an inclusive arrangement. I won't be able to manage my luggage for meeting a shared ride. I've done a lot of googling and can't seem to find this scenario.

6 minutes ago, cruiseesl said:

Can anyone recommend a transfer service to take me from my Venice hotel (which has its own water entrance) to the Ravenna port for my RCCL cruise on embarkation day?  I believe that would require a boat plus a car, but I want an inclusive arrangement. I won't be able to manage my luggage for meeting a shared ride. I've done a lot of googling and can't seem to find this scenario.

Firstly, Venice to Ravenna is 3 hours drive.

You either go back to VCE and take the RCI shuttle for $45pp e/w

Or you go to Santa Lucia train station and catch a train for about €13pp to Ravenna ( one change at Bologna or Ferrara)

Or you pay a fortune for a driver - €310

https://www.pantareichauffeurservice.it/project/venice-to-ravenna-cruise-terminal/

or 

https://www.trevisocarservice.com/transfer-to-ravenna-port/

Edited by little britain

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

Firstly, Venice to Ravenna is 3 hours drive.

You either go back to VCE and take the RCI shuttle for $45pp e/w

Or you go to Santa Lucia train station and catch a train for about €13pp to Ravenna ( one change at Bologna or Ferrara)

Or you pay a fortune for a driver - €310

https://www.pantareichauffeurservice.it/project/venice-to-ravenna-cruise-terminal/

or 

https://www.trevisocarservice.com/transfer-to-ravenna-port/

Thank you, but what do you mean by go back to VCE?  I will have already been in Venice for a few days, and on the cruise start date I need to get from my Venice hotel to the Ravenna port. Maybe train from Santa Lucia train station to Ravenna train station, and then a driver from there to the port?

6 minutes ago, cruiseesl said:

Thank you, but what do you mean by go back to VCE?  I will have already been in Venice for a few days, and on the cruise start date I need to get from my Venice hotel to the Ravenna port. Maybe train from Santa Lucia train station to Ravenna train station, and then a driver from there to the port?

Hi @little britainmeans you get back/make your way back to VCE/ Marco Polo airport. Where RCL has scheduled shuttle service for a fee to get passengers arriving that day to the Ravenna port.

8 minutes ago, cruiseesl said:

VCE is the airport.

1 hour ago, cruiseesl said:

VCE is the airport code.

Edited by little britain

23 minutes ago, sunshinelover59 said:

Royal also has a transfer from Venice City Centre to Ravenna port. That's what we have booked. Not exactly sure where the pick up point is.

This is the first time I have ever heard mention of a transfer from Venice itself ( presumably Piazzale Romana as that is the only drivable area)….. please kindly respond with more information if you can as this would be much easier than having to return to VCE ( the airport.) 

Where/how did you book this transfer and what was the cost? 

Edited by little britain

8 hours ago, sunshinelover59 said:

Royal also has a transfer from Venice City Centre to Ravenna port. That's what we have booked. Not exactly sure where the pick up point is.

I called Royal today and an agent told me they do not offer a transfer from Venice city center to Ravenna. May I ask how you arranged this?  Thank you.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, wallyj said:

Hi @little britainmeans you get back/make your way back to VCE/ Marco Polo airport. Where RCL has scheduled shuttle service for a fee to get passengers arriving that day to the Ravenna port.

I am traveling solo, and  I think managing my luggage on my own will not be possible in a multi-stage transfer from my hotel to the port. I do appreciate the information.

1 hour ago, cruiseesl said:

I called Royal today and an agent told me they do not offer a transfer from Venice city center to Ravenna. May I ask how you arranged this?  Thank you.

We were just on the Brilliance for B2B ending on 5-29.  We took the transfer to the train station for $10.00 a person, in which we went to Venice.  We had friends that took the bus transfer to the airport in Bologna and Venice. I don’t recall that there was a city center transfer to Venice.  

• Like 1

Not sure if it is something you would consider or not, or how good the service is, but I booked my daughter 2 seats on the Flix bus from Ravenna (where they disembark the Rhapsody in 3 weeks) to go right into Venice.  The cost is under 10 Euros each.  It is a direct bus which takes 3 hours and 5 minutes.  Looks like the timing going to Ravenna is in the afternoon, so it may not work for you.  For my daughter, they offer a 9:20 am bus from Ravenna to Venice. 

To avoid transferring luggage you can take a boat to transfer back to the airport and then take RCCL tranport. 

Another option is to take the boat from your hotel to the main hub 

- Piazza Romana and then take a bus, taxi, or train from there. Some movement of your own luggage required.

Another option, Venice has a lot of luggage delivery services so I would look into one of those to take your luggage to the train or bus and then they could possibly help load it. Venice is not cheap if you can't handle your own luggage. Lots of bridges and steps to maneuver.

7 hours ago, cruiseesl said:

I don’t believe there is a RCI transfer from Venice centre either…… I think the agent @sunshinelover59 spoke with gave incorrect info!!   Waiting for them to confirm!!  Unless it is something that agency has arranged privately for their clients. 

The suggestion of taking the Alilaguna boat back to the airport is a good one. After disembarking there is a moving walkway back to the terminal so a minimum requirement to carry luggage. 
What hotel are you in? Is it on an Alilaguna route? 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

There are two Royal transfer options from Venice:

one from the airport and another from the City Center - from the Venice Tronchetto (port) end of People Mover. Note: the people mover runs from Piazzale Roma to Tronchetto (Venice) port, and the transfer leaves from the port end entrance of the line. 

If your hotel is not near the People Mover (Piazzale Roma), you need to find a way to get there. It may require vaporetto or water taxi. There are a couple of hotels around Piazzale Roma, which is the only part of the city which is connected by road to the mainland. Even the train station is over one walk bridge. So I really advise to pick the hotel carefully, if your luggage concerns you. 

Royal has not been very consistent with their information. Some Royal reps tell there are no city transfer available, others know it to be. We've booked our transfer from Tronchetto (=city cente) to Ravenna. Our TA arranged it with Royal, and even they had to call three times to get it sorted out. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, cruiseesl said:

I received the same information.

25 minutes ago, cruiseesl said:

I received the same information.

The flyer posted ^^ shows they drop off in Tronchetto…. Why would they do that and not pick up there? 
Im sure someone will post that they have picked up the transfer in Tronchetto…..

The questioning here proves that Royal should get their act together and clearly describe the available transfer possibilities to/from Ravenna. Including Ravenna airport, Venice airport and Venice (old) cruise port.

Best would be as an add on on the reservation site.

It does not help when the right hand rep says something different than the left hand rep. 

Is that so difficult for Royal Carib to show transparency?

• Like 2

I'm joining for a BtB on 10th July and have booked a transfer from Tronchetto to Ravenna Cruise Port, options are 9am or 11am. I also have one from the ship to Venice. Cost each way is £46.

I really like cruising with Royal and have embarked in Venice many times. I think however, that Royal have made a mistake in their choice of Ravenna which is a 2- 3 hour journey from Venice. I read on the Roll Calls that Ravenna currently has 10 (yes ten) taxis!! 

I booked this when ships were still allowed to dock in Venice Cruise Terminal; it was moved to Ravenna with the promise of a free transfer which seems to have been forgotten by Royal. I'll still enjoy the cruise and Venice before and after, but I won't travel again from Ravenna. MSC and Costa leave from Venice Marghera Port, Trieste or Monfalcone. I think it's fair to say that on a cruise starting in Venice (allegedly)) most people would like to spend some time in Venice and not 4-6 hours on a bus.

Still looking forward to joining the ship.

• Like 1

Yeah i agree with you on this. We are booked in aug and are not looking forward to the transfers. Rcl should have found a better port for ease of transfers, other cruise lines have managed it. Also the brilliance is not a huge ship compaired to others. Disappointed in the port location.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, artvlay said:

How many buses does RC have going to Ravenna each cruise morning? What is the earliest bus that you can catch?

When we were on the Brilliance the last week of May it was every 1/2 hour and they started at 7AM.