Masks required onboard RCCL ships now...?

The problem is you don't know if halfway through your cruise they will institute mask mandates.  Princess has done that so other cruise lines might.  If masks are a deal breaker (and they are for us) then land vacations where you can bail to someplace with better protocols are in order for now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Fine if you don't need a negative test to fly home and also if cruise is less than 7 days. The longer you are on board the more chance of catching it and being quarantined in your cabin. 

Personally with the cruise ships now at full capacity I would be happy to see masks in the theatres and anywhere there's close contact for more than 20 mins. For instance, space the dinning tables out a bit

And who enforces mask wearing in dark theaters? More staff when there are staff shortages?

And what about indoor dining? MDR experience is longer than 20 minutes. 

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The problem is you don't know if halfway through your cruise they will institute mask mandates.  Princess has done that so other cruise lines might.  If masks are a deal breaker (and they are for us) then land vacations where you can bail to someplace with better protocols are in order for now.

True - things could change part-way through your cruise:

- We will pack a box of disposable masks.  We'll wear them during "crowded times" like check-in. 

- We're also bringing Covid-tests so -- should the worst happen -- we'll be able to test in privacy and know whether we have the sniffles or Covid. 

17 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

And what about indoor dining? MDR experience is longer than 20 minutes. 

As I said sitting almost in each others laps in the MDR when half of its empty is a bit stupid. Why not space the tables out a bit. It would make for a more comfortable dinning experience if I don't have to shout to my half deaf husband over the chatter of all the tables just inches away 

14 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

When people say they mask what do they mean?  If you want to be creditable IMHO, say N95 or KN95 worn tightly over nose and mouth.  All others are of various limited effectiveness.  And people stop listening to general calls for ineffective protocols.

Just bought a box of KN95. Masks on public transport is still mandatory in Italy where I'm going at the weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

If any one is worried about getting sick, perhaps it’s too soon for you to be cruising. 

I think it's reasonable to still be worried about getting sick on vacation. I've been on 4 cruises since restart but still worried about coming down with something on each of them but was still able to enjoy myself. Up until the last one where I started getting sick the night before disembarkation. It really spoils the fun when you're that sick and stuck in your cabin. I recommend packing cold medicine just in case.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Just found out that some Princess & HAL ships going to Alaska now require masks indoors.

Any news if RCCL ships require them now, esp those going to Alaska...?

Thanks,

When I was on Ovation in Alaska at the beginning of May, Celebrity Eclipse pulled into Sitka with us and we learned their Captain had reinstituted masking indoors due to the high number of cases. It is up to the Captain's discretion. 

• Like 1