Norwegian Joy Questions

margsipie

Hi!

Looking at a cruise on the Joy and have a few questions.  Typically cruise Celebrity, so not sure of some of the norms.

How does specialty dining work if it’s an included perk and the menu is a la carte?

Is the only coffee/cafe option Starbucks?  I’m thinking in terms of espresso type coffee.

Is only the Sundeck in the Haven 16+?  Are kids allowed in the courtyard area?

Would it be frowned upon to have a 13 month old eating at the Haven restaurant?

Is the (parent supervised) open play for babies/toddlers closed?  I saw online that it seems it’s not available right now.  Just curious if anyone

has experienced this in person.

Thank you!

Edited by margsipie

39 minutes ago, margsipie said:

How does specialty dining work if it’s an included perk and the menu is a la carte?

At the time you are seated the host will confirm if you wish to use your specialty dining perk.  If so, you will end up with the "free meal"...In our experience, you can order multiple appetizers, one entrée, and multiple desserts.  No Charge.

43 minutes ago, margsipie said:

Is the only coffee/cafe option Starbucks?  I’m thinking in terms of espresso type coffee.

We have successfully ordered cappuccino's with dessert at various restaurants without issue (maybe takes a bit longer to get to the table 🙂 )

45 minutes ago, margsipie said:

Yes, the Haven sundeck is 16+....Yes, kids are allowed in the courtyard area....

46 minutes ago, margsipie said:

Bring your child to dinner...the host will have a high-chair available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, margsipie said:

In addition to the fact that they ask if you want to use your free dining (which is practically unlimited orders per person), only two of us in our room technically had the dining package, however they never charged for the third person

3 hours ago, margsipie said:

Hi!

Looking at a cruise on the Joy and have a few questions.  Typically cruise Celebrity, so not sure of some of the norms.

Is the (parent supervised) open play for babies/toddlers closed?  I saw online that it seems it’s not available right now.  Just curious if anyone

has experienced this in person.

Thank you!

i sail only celebrity and ncl. (Elite+ and Diamond, respectively)

1) if you use your dining package, everything on the menu is free unless there's a (nickle and diming)  upcharge.

you get unlimited appetizers and desserts, and 1 entree.

if you're out of dining packages, you can buy more. (and you should ALWAYS buy more instead of paying ridiculous ala carte pricing.)

2day is $89 + 20% tip, 3day is $119 + 20% tip. etc

2) yes, starbucks only.

unlike the other ncl megaships, the Joy does not have solo studio cabins.

the studio lounge has a espresso machine.

3) dont know about Haven sundeck but yes kids are allowed in the Haven court area.

Edited by fstuff1

7 hours ago, margsipie said:

Is the (parent supervised) open play for babies/toddlers closed?  I saw online that it seems it’s not available right now.  Just curious if anyone has experienced this in person.

Specialty dining is not included with your stateroom. However, you do have access to the Haven dining room (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).  You'll get a meal or two of specialty dining with your booking offer (you need to pay a small gratuity for that). And can buy an additional package if the Haven Restaurant doesn't cut it. We do about 1/2 and 1/2 Haven Restaurant and Specialty Dining. 

Options for espresso: the Nespresso machine in your stateroom (included), Starbuck (extra fee) in the Atrium, Starbuck (extra fee) in the Observation Lounge, and the Haven Restaurant (included)

The Haven sundeck is 16+

The Haven restaurant is a casual/complimentary restaurant and your 13-month-old is welcome. In fact, your 13-month-old is welcome in all restaurants. 

Haven Dinner Menu

image.thumb.png.36ebb841c1600e4085e482f75202dca4.png

image.thumb.png.e962ea547f33a47f9acb2a1255ff17df.png

image.thumb.png.7f0be17dd8ab1aac6eb3f25c3efa48d7.png