So which Haven suite next?

wolft927

So My wife and I have been fortunate to win bids on the Forward facing haven suite and the 2 bedroom haven suite both on the Breakaway. We got our kids the courtyard Penthouse haven last cruise as well. I should be able to start bidding for our September cruise on saturday and was looking for opinions on which haven suite we should bid heavier on next? I am leaning towards the aft facing haven but really like being in the haven itself…. Let’s see what everyone thinks 

oh yea next cruise is on the Getaway 

Edited by wolft927

I didn't care for the aft room on the Encore. The room itself was huge and the balcony one of the best we've  had, but we were too far from the actual Haven area for our liking. Lots of vibrations that we weren't used to, so for us we'll be avoiding aft rooms until we're on Prima when we'll give it another try because, well, you have to if you want to be in Haven.

Any room that gives you an extra potty is a win in my book.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So My wife and I have been fortunate to win bids on the Forward facing haven suite and the 2 bedroom haven suite both on the Breakaway.   ...  I am leaning towards the aft facing haven but really like being in the haven itself…. Let’s see what everyone thinks 

We had one of the forward facing suites on Breakaway  this last march.  The balcony was unusable for most of the time the ship was underway due to high winds.  In fact, twice the crew entered our cabin to tie down all the furniture on the balcony.  Neither time were we notified of their entry.  Once we were asleep when this happened.  We will never again book a forward facing room.

FWIW, we do have another Haven suite booked for next march on Breakaway.  It is an aft facing suite.  We consider having a useful balcony to be worth walking to the haven.  The side facing balconies in the haven are simply too small.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

we're always happy with the 2 bedroom. the extra bathroom is a terrific benefit, even if there are only 2 of us sailing

Heck yes, the two bed/ two bath for just the two of us works perfectly. It is so nice to have the extra closet space as well as the other bathroom so that getting ready there is no deciding who goes first!

We bid and won an Owners Suite while cruising the Mediterranean and it was a total waste of money since that cruise was so "port heavy", we truly just slept in the cabin. The only ship that we would like to stay in a top tier cabin is on NCL Prima, I like the idea of having our own private hot tub on the balcony😊.

Stayed in forward, aft, and courtyard in Haven on many ships.

Enjoyed the aft the best for room and balcony size.  Being away from the Haven "bubble", for us, was a good thing: got minimal exercise for the walk (really people, it's not that far away!) and got to get away from the same people around you 24/7.