snorkeling Recommendations in Cozumel

Dwright826

I have always done Mr Sanchos or some beach club stop while in cozumel. Family of 4 is looking to do some a snorkeling tour this time and not sure if I should look outside the things carnival offers?  Seems pricey at $120 a person

1 hour ago, 4x4TX said:

I have always done Mr Sanchos or some beach club stop while in cozumel. Family of 4 is looking to do some a snorkeling tour this time and not sure if I should look outside the things carnival offers?  Seems pricey at $120 a person

You absolutely do not need to do a tour through the ship. It is super easy to book on your own. Are you wanting to go buy a boat because there are a lot of places you can do it from land. 

37 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

You absolutely do not need to do a tour through the ship. It is super easy to book on your own. Are you wanting to go buy a boat because there are a lot of places you can do it from land. 

No not at all...just really looking for a plan and place to go as we get off the ship. For some reason in cozumel and costa maya if we don't do a beach club i feel lost on what to do lol

Posted (edited)

A lot depends on ages of kids and what else they want to do. 

Sky Reef or Buccanos for snorkeling from shore and Buccanos has a pool.

Chankanaab park.

For boat snorkeling look at some broker sites, or Palancar Beach or Nachi and book boat when you get there. 

Also look at Playa Uvas website. I would check out recent you-tube snorkeling videos of those places.

(For Costa maya consider boat snorkel reef is generally further out than you swim.)

Edited by c-leg5

COZUMEL:

Boat tour snorkeling to Palancar, Clumbia & El Cielo Sandbar

Buccanos-not as much to see, but easy snorkel. You have to walk down a ways and drift back.

Buccanos-Very nice place with a very large pool

SkyReef (one of my favorites and shallow water, super easy to do)

Chankanaab: It's a park with things to see and do there other than a beach. The snorkeling is deeper but can go along the edges

• Like 1

Thank you. So this will be with two graduating srs/18 year olds so definitely looking more of a adult vibe vs a kids vibe as far as level of activity. 

8 hours ago, 4x4TX said:

Do you have a link for this vendor you can post or PM me? Thank you 

That looks like a good one 

The link to who we used is at the top of the website page. There’s no PM on these forums. 🙂

• Like 1