Covid testing changes.

grammi

1 hour ago, LeslieA said:

Has anyone else gotten a message like this?  The HAL website still has the same 'recommended' and I'm not seeing this anywhere else.  I have an Alaska cruise coming up next month and this is a worry of mine.

We're on the Noordam starting 7/3 and we haven't received such a notice yet.  But I won't be surprised to receive one.

1 hour ago, LeslieA said:

Has anyone else gotten a message like this?  The HAL website still has the same 'recommended' and I'm not seeing this anywhere else.  I have an Alaska cruise coming up next month and this is a worry of mine.

I leave June 18th (Eurodam) and then again June 26th (Westerdam) and I have not received one.  It wouldn't bother me though.  My masks are packed and ready to go!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeslieA said:

FWIW, I had cataract surgery two days ago (left eye).  My appt started at 9:30 am with tests, tests, and more tests.  Wait and then more tests.  Consult and then wait.  Finally pick out the lens I wanted, and go upstairs to the surgical center and wait.  Finally, I had surgery and was returned to my husband for the trip home at about 2:30 pm.

So a total of five hours.

I never took off my mask for a single minute.  They even left it on during surgery.  All they did was lift it slightly and put an oxygen cannula in my nose.

It was fine.  I was fine.  Everyone in the building had on a mask, staff, patients, everyone.

I don't mind a well fitting comfortable mask one bit and will wear one probably forever.  🙂

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I asked this question with my PCC.  The answer was no test required for B2B.

Thank you for the info. My PCC seems to be pretty busy and hasn't responded. Looking forward to our return to Zaandam and this sailing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, semibeater said:

Thank you for the info. My PCC seems to be pretty busy and hasn't responded. Looking forward to our return to Zaandam and this sailing!

The bounce back message from my PCC stated that it would take three to five business days to reply.  Then gave links and numbers to do it yourself 

On 6/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, jm485 said:

I think we are on the same trip as you, Lynn.

I had to travel to London earlier this year and bought the Binax test kits that include a monitoring service. The morning before I flew home, I logged on with my computer and took the test in my hotel room.

We’ll also be in Vancouver for a few days, so planning to do the same thing one morning. It was pretty quick and easy. I bought the tests from Optum store, but I think there are other places you can get them. 

ETA: the tests including monitoring are $33 each at Optum 

To correct, we leave Vancouver on July 10; July 6 is the day we fly in.

My concern with the monitored testing is that it all depends on your wifi, right? I think that we'll order the monitored tests, but try to get the HA offered tests.  And maybe go ahead and get tested while in Vancouver for those three days. We got updates from HA today and they don't even mention the testing requirement!! On well, four weeks to go!