We did not receive our OBC on our cruise last week!

koconnor214

A friend and I were on the Quest Barcelona cruise last week (2nd Quest cruise in 6 weeks); we booked this online back in February during their limited time offer of $1000 OBC per cabin. Long story short—-there was no OBC in our accounts when we boarded the ship and we were not able to get the Guest Relations Desk to remedy this; they said we booked a “last-minute voyage” (which was inaccurate). I have emailed Guest Relations and the Loyalty department; anyone have any suggestion on best way to handle this? 

Several of us were planning on booking another cruise on their current special, but now are apprehensive!

20 minutes ago, koconnor214 said:

A friend and I were on the Quest Barcelona cruise last week (2nd Quest cruise in 6 weeks); we booked this online back in February during their limited time offer of $1000 OBC per cabin. Long story short—-there was no OBC in our accounts when we boarded the ship and we were not able to get the Guest Relations Desk to remedy this; they said we booked a “last-minute voyage” (which was inaccurate). I have emailed Guest Relations and the Loyalty department; anyone have any suggestion on best way to handle this? 

Several of us were planning on booking another cruise on their current special, but now are apprehensive!

Did you book direct or through a travel agent?

If through an agent you might have got caught out by something they have done re the booking

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

Did you book direct or through a travel agent?

If through an agent you might have got caught out by something they have done re the booking

We booked it directly on the Azamara website. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, koconnor214 said:

We booked it directly on the Azamara website. 

They should have been able to sort that out onboard.  Hope you get resolution of that issue very shortly

5 hours ago, koconnor214 said:

Unfortunate that this wasn't discovered preboarding as I'm sure it was a negative distraction while onboard.

It is conceivable that you may have booked at the last minute rate which comes without the onboard and is the lowest rate.  I have had to be extra careful while checking rates online but always use an agent to make the final booking thus having confirmation, a paper trail  and someone able to do battle on my behalf should I need assistance.

I certainly hope you are able to find a favorable answer to your query soon.

Good luck!

21 hours ago, koconnor214 said:

Guarantee staterooms are generally available to be booked after final payment date (i.e., 4 months prior to a cruise).  And these guarantee staterooms are not eligible for the limited time offers - they are considered "last-minute voyage".

• Like 1