Live Report from MSC Virtuosa Yacht Club 11-18th June 2022 Southampton Norwegian Cruise

ConnieTact

We loved that sail in too, prepare for more of the same tomorrow in Flam which was just as beautiful. Mark will be jealous when I tell him that you hired one of those cars, he wanted one but I didn't want to go in the back!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

We loved that sail in too, prepare for more of the same tomorrow in Flam which was just as beautiful. Mark will be jealous when I tell him that you hired one of those cars, he wanted one but I didn't want to go in the back!

Of course the answer is hire two! Rocco assured me they are easy to drive but I didn’t have a go today. Next time Julie! 😀

• Like 1

Wandered around port/ it was pretty and the staff were setting up a BBQ as a treat for all staff onboard! We were told they always do this in Flam- weather permitting. So good to hear they get to have done well deserved fun!

• Like 1

Most of my photos are still loading upside down so I can’t post them! 

I took pictures of maps and prices of activities but alas cannot show and tell!! 😅

There’s the famous train, another road train, a RIB boat and an electric minibus. All can be booked by yourself or most through the ship.

We went for our evening meal at the restaurant and spoke to a new waiter who had arrived in Southampton and just come out of staff quarantine so he was safe to work. He was friendly and we soon talking about Philippines. Our daughter in law is Filipina so we shared familiar ground. All the staff in the Yacht club are highly skilled and a pleasure to be around. The hardest thing is leaving at the end of the cruise but we won’t think about that now! 😅

Oh! In the afternoon-having strolled around the port we made the most of our cabin facilities and had a long jacuzzi and admired the scenery. We had treats delivered in the afternoon. This time was a couple of delicious wraps with cheese, ham and tomato. It was served with some olives and pickled veg in a separate side dish.

We rested on the loungers on the balcony and read and listened to music we had bought along. We considered going to the spa but preferred to stay ‘home’ to relax together away from the ‘crowds’.

• Thanks 1

After dinner we found our friends in the French bar and joined them for a catch up. They had been on the Flam train and thought it was very worthwhile. Cleverly prepared, by reading up the best spot to sit (the right hand side) they had stayed onboard the train so they had same views in the way back. I asked how this was possible and they explained the train doesn’t turn around at the top! They had booked in advance but we hadn’t, and by the time we looked in the morning of arrival, it seemed the train was sold out on the times we could safely go. We always make sure we are back to the ship an hour before we need to! If we are ever back in Flam, I would try the train on their recommendation. 

I spoke to a woman in the yacht club who said she was rather disappointed the train wasn’t older. The history of the development of the railway is easily discovered in the free museum in port. I’m sure this one, is the most comfortable having seen old pictures of the others! 
photo credits @ziggyuk (from Flam scenic train ride) 

4131C819-46A7-4F4B-BC6D-A9F8ABF336C9.jpeg

2DC2835E-06DD-44E5-B908-34614DBA6BE7.jpeg

D5F91983-4482-4382-A2CC-FBFAC8581873.jpeg

• Like 2

We went to see the karaoke but couldn’t get a seat. The bars with entertainment do not seem large enough for all to enjoy, which was a shame but we went to the English pub next and enjoyed each other’s company. Last time we were on the ship they had singers in the pub but I’ve not seen any so far. 

On the way back to Yacht Club, I couldn’t resist joining the dancers, on the dance floor, grooving to the last karaoke song of the night. The atmosphere was loud and fun and lots joined in the dancing and those that didn’t were still clearly enjoying the song from their seats. Then it was into the Sky Lounge and to peace and serenity, just a few couples quietly drinking and how could we resist a few chocolate treats before bedtime? 

F7BCF747-7847-44C7-B937-BECDEBAD9BBE.jpeg

70F77A7A-09CF-426C-A4CA-AC5C1F2E28EA.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

After dinner we found our friends in the French bar and joined them for a catch up. They had been on the Flam train and thought it was very worthwhile. Cleverly prepared, by reading up the best spot to sit (the right hand side) they had stayed onboard the train so they had same views in the way back. I asked how this was possible and they explained the train doesn’t turn around at the top! They had booked in advance but we hadn’t, and by the time we looked in the morning of arrival, it seemed the train was sold out on the times we could safely go. We always make sure we are back to the ship an hour before we need to! If we are ever back in Flam, I would try the train on their recommendation. 

I spoke to a woman in the yacht club who said she was rather disappointed the train wasn’t older. The history of the development of the railway is easily discovered in the free museum in port. I’m sure this one, is the most comfortable having seen old pictures of the others! 
photo credits @ziggyuk (from Flam scenic train ride) 

4131C819-46A7-4F4B-BC6D-A9F8ABF336C9.jpeg

2DC2835E-06DD-44E5-B908-34614DBA6BE7.jpeg

D5F91983-4482-4382-A2CC-FBFAC8581873.jpeg

Just compared with my photo of the zig zag path(the first one!) from a month ago and amazing to see how much the snow has melted. Looks just as stunning either way.

• Like 1