Live Report from MSC Virtuosa Yacht Club 11-18th June 2022 Southampton Norwegian Cruise

ConnieTact

8 hours ago, kernow said:

Pleased to hear that they have moved the white party forward a bit. On our cruise it was the last night and we didn't want to stay up too late so missed it.

That’s good then- they’re always trying to improve on the programme. We missed the entertainment in the pub which we enjoyed on the last two cruises. Also we would have enjoyed the British comedian who did some sessions before. Always good to have extra laughs on a cruise!

6 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Glad you had a fabulous time and thank you for the pics and updates. So looking forward to Fjords next year. I shall be back on board in 68days time and my 1st time in YC with my daughter so looking forward to it. 😊

You’ll love YC- it’s worth every penny. We raised a glass to you in the champagne bar - of Hugo Spits of course! 😜😂

1C2B6B1B-CC77-4029-8B38-2B6E93D043A9.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
Spelling
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, kernow said:

Pleased to hear that they have moved the white party forward a bit. On our cruise it was the last night and we didn't want to stay up too late so missed it.

By the way congrats on your ‘rare badge’ very well deserved! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Cheers to you all! 🥂Maybe one day we will all meet up again with Carol & Mick too 😃

That would be great! Even better if we’re all in the Yacht club but I don’t think they are quite ready for us all! We’d break up the serenity so better stick with the Champagne bar!

• Haha 1

Maybe a tad disappointing that the chocolate ships are no more! Although chipping them off the plates of late was a challenge! 
The dark chocolate is of high quality and I’ll be donating it to my neighbours who have kindly looked after my cats while we’ve been away!

50746AA4-3F14-4DFB-A653-F648B2A67E9E.jpeg

3052C5C1-EB94-4194-AB4A-70D91B77E125.jpeg

• Like 3

One of the amazing things about The yacht club duplex suite is while you lay in bed in the morning you press two buttons that automatically draw the two story length curtains back to reveal that mornings sea view. We got lucky and pressed the buttons at five o’clock one morning and caught the sunrise in the Irish Sea!

E885761B-9D15-4DC8-96A3-8F47F1EAC2E2.jpeg

33B1275A-6A7F-49E7-B8C4-90580A870B35.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

Maybe a tad disappointing that the chocolate ships are no more! 

Those ships were truly a unique cruise gift, but, totally impractical or properly appreciated for the expense and effort made to produce them, in my opinion.

Last night of the cruise, it appears.  I return to my suite "stuffed" and ready for bed.  I want more chocolate?  Bags are already packed and outside my suite's door for pick-up.  What am I going to do with this item when my carry-on has no room for it?  Even if I get it off the ship, since I am driving from Miami to Ohio, how will my "ship" fare in the heat?  

Am I disappointed in their disappearance?  No.  Use whatever they cost to produce to provide no fee movies for YC guests.  (Or, some other amenity.)  

• Like 1

We got 2 of the ships onboard Virtuosa in May, they must have been some of the last ones.  I was shocked to see a white chocolate version for sale in Venchi for £18 so I guess they were costing too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The friends, who surprised us by coming on the cruise, gave us a lift to their house to pick up our car. Little did we know the plans they had up their sleeves when they had dropped us off the week before!
We had arranged to go to a music festival in Bournemouth, so the fun continued and we stayed another night in the New Forest before returning home to Bristol by late afternoon. We will always remember this cruise fondly and are grateful to Robbie and his yacht club team onboard Virtuosa and especially @ziggyuk who gave us such a fabulous surprise! 
There were some fabulous poppies outside our hotel and I thought these pictures are a good way to finish this live review! Thanks for joining us on our cruise!

2D7C7DCF-8E23-450D-A99C-6FF19C5ADA6C.jpeg

D31E9319-B01E-4C39-8B8B-DA4E309416EB.jpeg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Last morning’s window views-Arrived at Southampton!

Any idea what ship is show in the background?  Don't think it is a Cunard vessel; hull color is right.  

Thank you so very much for a very interesting and informative review of your cruise.  The photos you added enhanced your report.  The photo of your final breakfast in your suite that included your Butler was just great!  

11 hours ago, kernow said:

We got 2 of the ships onboard Virtuosa in May, they must have been some of the last ones.  I was shocked to see a white chocolate version for sale in Venchi for £18 so I guess they were costing too much.

For the quality of the chocolate used to make the ships, the retail price is not unreasonable, I don't think.  But, for the item to be an amenity that probably goes to waste, it is expensive.  

35 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Any idea what ship is show in the background?  Don't think it is a Cunard vessel; hull color is right.  

Thank you so very much for a very interesting and informative review of your cruise.  The photos you added enhanced your report.  The photo of your final breakfast in your suite that included your Butler was just great!  

The Carnival Ventura was in port yesterday too….maybe that one?

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 2:03 AM, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks for taking the time to do the review.

Cheers

Thanks Gonzo. I enjoyed it and also good to have a record of this cruise. I found a few more pictures that I didn’t post mostly of chocolate! ☺️

69C34181-9473-4A97-A4A9-47CE20EDAE2E.jpeg

B1EA9D0F-270E-46FD-9747-4C827441284C.jpeg

6A4A1E89-8C4C-4360-B2A4-9A2C2CFC56FC.jpeg

E9248AFF-1B61-4CB0-8F8B-2B0BF4EAA3CF.jpeg

65116AD1-8618-4616-9DDD-7A01D67C05A1.jpeg

07791F9E-AFD3-4CFD-B2C4-AC0E56189B7B.jpeg