Live Report from MSC Virtuosa Yacht Club 11-18th June 2022 Southampton Norwegian Cruise

ConnieTact

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mistymya said:

Hi. Thanks for the great review. Can you tell me how the seas were on this trip? Was it calm or very rocky? My husband is very sceptical to go on this kind of route, but I would love to. 😅

We did a similar cruise in May. The seas were fairly calm, we had one night when it was a bit rougher when we came out into the North Sea between Fjords but nothing too bad. Of course the weather can vary from week to week so another time there could be more movement. 

Personally I thought it was one of the most beautiful cruises we've ever done so I think it would be worth doing even if it were a bit rougher.

10 hours ago, kernow said:

We did a similar cruise in May. The seas were fairly calm, we had one night when it was a bit rougher when we came out into the North Sea between Fjords but nothing too bad. Of course the weather can vary from week to week so another time there could be more movement. 

Personally I thought it was one of the most beautiful cruises we've ever done so I think it would be worth doing even if it were a bit rougher.

Thanks. That was helpful! 😊

9 hours ago, Vacayistheway said:

Thanks for your informative post!  We are interested in the Twizy rental at eMobility in Geiranger. We loved your pictures. Did you need an international driver’s license to rent one? Thanks in advance!

Hi Vacay We did have to show our European Drivers Licences for rental of the Twizzy. It was such fun. Depending on where you’re from….you’d need to show a relevant Drivers licence. Enjoy!!

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mistymya said:

Hi. Thanks for the great review. Can you tell me how the seas were on this trip? Was it calm or very rocky? My husband is very sceptical to go on this kind of route, but I would love to. 😅

Our sailing was smooth. I really think these newer ships are so much better than the older ones. We sailed similar route on an old crate of Holland America (The Ryndam!) ten years ago, and it actually listed! 🤪 It scared me so much it put me off cruising for a few years! May is meant to be the worst time but obviously nobody can guarantee smooth seas! It was completely calm when cruising the fiords of course. I would return in a heartbeat!