Macho’s or Chunky Monkey?

c-leg5

Looking for somewhere new for our next visit and came across these two locations, away from main strip. Any reviews for them from this year. In particular, Chunky Monkey did you go by taxi, or was a golf cart necessary?

@crewsweeper or anyone else with local knowledge or contacts, do you know how far you can go for the $4pp taxi fare, is it the end of the malecon or beyond? I remember being charged extra to Luna de Plata but I don’t know if that was a try-on or if the fare is to the edge of town.

16 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

@c-leg5 Been too long since we were at Maya Chan.  I think the fare back then was $8 per taxi. But obviously it's different now.

Thanks! My suspicion is the fare takes you to where the dirt road used to start.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, crewsweeper said:

@c-leg5 Been too long since we were at Maya Chan.  I think the fare back then was $8 per taxi. But obviously it's different now.

Maya Chan is obviously a different entity when it comes to fares as they obviously contract directly with taxi union to provide transport.  I am sure they pay less than an individual would get a fare at the port for. Also they are very much into filling vans these days with longer wait times than in the past. We have been delayed setting off several times recently - understandable  but annoying when you are waiting on people taking their time and missing out on time at destination.