Coordinating excursions

fmrlkr

Friends recently invited me to join them on their 1st ever cruise.  They booked with an online site and included their excursions.  I booked thru Carnival and received  $200 in onboard credit.  In Cozumel they have booked Chakanaab,  I can book an excursion to Chakanaab on the ship to use some of the credit, but it includes the sea lions which I don't really care about.   I can book just the excursion with the site they used but can't I just pay the much less expensive entrance fee and end up at the same place?  Just trying to make sure we will be on the same beach.

You can't make up your own excursion to include and exclude what you want from it as well as price. Just pay and do what they are doing and use the onboard credit for something else. The excursion guide isn't going  to just let you disappear from the Sea Lion portion of the excursion. They keep track of everyone as needed. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

The cruise lines charge so much more for pretty much the same excursion.  I would book outside and go with your friends.  I have barely done any excursions through the cruise lines.  I sailed to Hawaii on Princess 1/22 and booked all excursions thru the cruise line.  They use the same tour companies.  I felt very ripped off and vowed not to book excursions through the cruise lines.

Thank you.  I was pretty sure it was one beach area.  They have to pay their own transportation so I plan to just take a taxi with them and get the Chankanaab entrance along with the lunch.  From looking at their website it looks easy.  10 years ago I was with a group and 1/2 went there and the other half did a different excursion so this will be my first time there.  I'm not much of a beach person, but  I am a big spend time with friends person!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fmrlkr said:

Thank you.  I was pretty sure it was one beach area.  They have to pay their own transportation so I plan to just take a taxi with them and get the Chankanaab entrance along with the lunch.  From looking at their website it looks easy.  10 years ago I was with a group and 1/2 went there and the other half did a different excursion so this will be my first time there.  I'm not much of a beach person, but  I am a big spend time with friends person!

Enjoy. I am also not a beach person, but DW is. My job is to watch her stuff while she swims. (And hopefully not so long that my head melts.)

1 hour ago, fmrlkr said:

There isn't much of a beach there, but the snorkeling was fun. We enjoyed lunch there. 

Agree with prior poster. Save the OBC for tips, drinks or a specialty restaurant, and just pay upon arrival.  Much cheaper.