at 0610 hrs.  and again at 0625 hrs.

just as they getting back down nicely
and again at 0700 hrs.

Had to do that one cruise.   It works

and they are usually less loud the next nite

- or you do it again.

🙃 Payback at 0500😎

On 6/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, surfergirl15 said:

Just got off Carnival Liberty and everything was good except the noisy neighbors who seemed to think they were the only ones on the ship.  They were up and making noise smoking and partying until at least 3 am.  Called security 2nd night on ship at around 2 am and asked them to ask the neighbors to please be courteous and pipe down so we could sleep.  Security knocked on their door and they did not answer and were very quiet.  No sound came from their room at that time but as soon as security left they started up again.  3rd night on ship they started up again and at 2 am and I asked through the wall for them to please quiet down and they did not.  At 3 am I heard one of them go on their balcony apparently to smoke some weed so I went onto our balcony and asked them to please keep it down or I would call security and the guy said ok.  At 3:15 they were still partying loudly so I called security and I met the guard in the hallway.  I told him which room the noise was coming from and he asked me to go back inside my room which I did.  Heard him knock on their door and someone answer and there was no more noise that night. The last night same thing but I didn't call security because after all it was the last night and I wouldn't have to put up with their behavior again.

Please be mindful and courteous to your neighbors as most cruisers are.  It is no fun trying to wake up at 7 am on 3 or 4 hours sleep.

Same thing happened to us on Liberty with a balcony except our room stank of the smoke no matter what we did.  It made me furious you could call security directly and have to call “guest services” (who are almost always the opposite of helpful). GS seldom answers the phone and when they do and contact security, by the time security gets there, the smokers have gone back in.  We asked GS to give us at least a way to contact security quickly but of course that is not allowed.  Instead they put a reminder letter under everyone’s door 2-3 cabins to either side of the smokers because GS did not want to single out the partners and smokers.  

on embarkation day, they were on the balcony smoking up a storm and I reported it to 3 crew, our cabin steward AND an officer who each said they would take of it.  The next day when I went to GS because they would not answer their phone, they had the nerve to say I should have reported it earlier.  Said there was no record of any of 5 actually doing what they said and implied it was MY fault.  

Carnival is not at fault for idiots who will not follow the rules but they ARE responsible for failing to take action and for lying about things.  

• Like 8

On 6/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, surfergirl15 said:

Just got off Carnival Liberty and everything was good except the noisy neighbors who seemed to think they were the only ones on the ship.  They were up and making noise smoking and partying until at least 3 am.  Called security 2nd night on ship at around 2 am and asked them to ask the neighbors to please be courteous and pipe down so we could sleep.  Security knocked on their door and they did not answer and were very quiet.  No sound came from their room at that time but as soon as security left they started up again.  3rd night on ship they started up again and at 2 am and I asked through the wall for them to please quiet down and they did not.  At 3 am I heard one of them go on their balcony apparently to smoke some weed so I went onto our balcony and asked them to please keep it down or I would call security and the guy said ok.  At 3:15 they were still partying loudly so I called security and I met the guard in the hallway.  I told him which room the noise was coming from and he asked me to go back inside my room which I did.  Heard him knock on their door and someone answer and there was no more noise that night. The last night same thing but I didn't call security because after all it was the last night and I wouldn't have to put up with their behavior again.

Please be mindful and courteous to your neighbors as most cruisers are.  It is no fun trying to wake up at 7 am on 3 or 4 hours sleep.

I don't understand why you just didn't transfer rooms. 

While we have not experienced the loud neighbor issue, we have had what seemed as continued weed smoking on adjacent balconies.  This was to the point that we could not use our balcony without smelling the smoke.

I figure if I want the low prices Carnival offers, this is one of the downsides to the low prices!

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, mz-s said:

I know this doesn't guarantee anything but this is one reason why I only cruise when school is in session and usually only on longer voyages. Fewer college aged kids, fewer kids and young adults in general.

Same for us, but all of the problem cruisers we've encountered (both in cabins next to us AND out and about around the ship) have all been adults.  Agree completely with another poster - CCL should not have let it continue.  Also, is marijuana allowed on board now?  We're noticing it more and more from the people in the smoking areas (smoke ends up drifting into other areas) and from people using it on their balconies. To the OP - hate this happened to you.  My BP shot up as I read your situation.  I'm very sensitive to sound, so I know what this is like.  I also use ear plugs, but when neighbors are that noisy, the ear plugs don't help much.  And to the others who have posted their clever "remedies" for the noise, kudos to you!  Love them!  I'm going to take note and use them if needed.  Bottom line:  people in general just seem to be rude and inconsiderate everywhere these days.  Sad.  There are still a lot of very good people, but these bad apples just stand out!!!

• Like 1

On our last cruise ( several years ago) we had a “just married” couple next door to us with their entire entourage. Every night there was a party in their cabin that spilled out into the hall and balcony. The room was stuffed! It was so loud- they treated it like another club on the ship. 

I get they were just married and celebrating, but there are plenty of clubs and places to do it I’m the ship. We are not old, grumpy people; however, I do like to go back to my cabin to relax and actually sleep. I also like to sit on my balcony to relax and not hear a club next door and smell smoke. 

We did call security at one point (and evidently we were not the only ones who did so.)They cleared out  of their room and went to the club after much complaining how it was “their honeymoon” - it didn’t last though… they were back at it partying it up in their cabin the next day. 

We also saw their entire group trying to jump the line getting back onto the ship at one of the ports. I just don’t get why people feel like they are so entitled? 

• Like 4

On 6/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, tallnthensome said:

When you wake up at 7AM be sure to make as much noise as you can when they just got to sleep and bang on their walls and talk loudly. Dial their room number from your desk phone (accidentally) and ring them then hang up.. Be sure to knock loudly on their door in the morning to wake them up for nothing as you head out. This is the advice Carnival guest services gave me. Works well ......

well said I get up at five when there  hangover is just setting in and knock on there door also if there on the balcony next I reach around and take a pick of there smokes and roaches and show them at guest services 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, rikitikitavii said:

While we have not experienced the loud neighbor issue, we have had what seemed as continued weed smoking on adjacent balconies.  This was to the point that we could not use our balcony without smelling the smoke.

I figure if I want the low prices Carnival offers, this is one of the downsides to the low prices!

I'm not minimizing your situation in the least, but I would rather weed smell than cigar smell.  We had a cigar smoker next door on a 15-day cruise.  At least he only indulged for a short time in the early morning and later in the evening.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

I'm not minimizing your situation in the least, but I would rather weed smell than cigar smell.  We had a cigar smoker next door on a 15-day cruise.  At least he only indulged for a short time in the early morning and later in the evening.  

Doesn't matter which you like better. Weed, cigars, even ecigs are all not allowed on balconies. It doesn't matter what they're smoking, report them. People pay too much for their balcony rooms for them to be ruined by smoke smells.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We've asked to change cabins, but if a ship is full, it's not possible.

Even on full ships it there are usually empty rooms that they keep on reserve. I know bc I have been moved bc of bugs, flooded bathrooms/broken toilets, or they gave me the wrong room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrSea said:

Even on full ships it there are usually empty rooms that they keep on reserve. I know bc I have been moved bc of bugs, flooded bathrooms/broken toilets, or they gave me the wrong room.

Key Word Alert:
Usually

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abby1257 said:

How do they get away with smoking weed?????

Agreed.

Especially as everyone knows that activity

risks immediate ejection from the ship for doing "drugs" on board!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abby1257 said:

How do they get away with smoking weed?????

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

That's what I'd like to know!!!  I mean the smell is VERY obvious. 🤢

It is recreational use in many states now, so they are more likely to take the risk than in the past.  Besides if they get turned over to US authorities with our liberal prosecutors they know they are just going to be told not to do it again and suffer no real consequences.

Couple that with the fact that the ship authorities want as little confrontation as possible with guests

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Key Word Alert:
Usually

Glad you caught my qualifying word.

Well, with the economy the way it is and most cruise lines sailing not at capacity, I think that it is a safe bet that there will be open rooms available. 

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Sometimes we can't do anything about negative behaviors and disrespect for others; those things are taught early at home. Hopefully they will eventually learn.

We missed that by a total of a million miles.🙃

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Glad you caught my qualifying word.

Well, with the economy the way it is and most cruise lines sailing not at capacity, I think that it is a safe bet that there will be open rooms available. 

Do ya think 😆, these ships are packed.

12 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Do ya think 😆, these ships are packed.

Huh? No, I am saying that most of these ships are not packed. I haven't cruised in 3 months. I will this weekend. But it was about 50% capacity 3 months ago. Plenty of room to move around when I had my issue with my cabin. 

Guest BasicSailor
6 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Huh? No, I am saying that most of these ships are not packed. I haven't cruised in 3 months. I will this weekend. But it was about 50% capacity 3 months ago. Plenty of room to move around when I had my issue with my cabin. 

3 Months  🙂 Today being a different story .

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

3 Months  🙂 Today being a different story .

I am expecting it to be more packed. But are CCL ships sailing at 100% occupancy? I find that hard to believe. 

Correct me if I am wrong

Edited by DrSea

Guest BasicSailor
6 hours ago, DrSea said:

I am expecting it to be more packed. But are CCL ships sailing at 100% occupancy? I find that hard to believe. 

Correct me if I am wrong

The few I sailed on were beyond packed, I can't speak for all the other ships. However, if they were short by just a few people it wouldn't surprise me.

8 hours ago, DrSea said:

Correct me if I am wrong

Carnival is discounting as necessary to fill every berth they can. Expect a sold out cruise.

• Like 2