Proof of Vaccination

Flgreg

I did a search on this but didn't see anything. Sorry if I missed it.

Will Viking accept a photocopy or picture on your phone of the CDC vaccination card or do they require you to have the actual card at the time of boarding?

Thanks very much.

You should carry your original CDC vaccination card.  Viking knows in advance through Verifly that you are vaccinated when you upload your card and a photo, but you should still carry the original if Viking or any of the countries you visit requires it.

4 hours ago, duquephart said:

Probably best to have it with you. We got some holders from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0929CR7LT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and stuck them in with the passports.

When we recently received our boosters, the nurse praised us for having similar holders for the cards, she seems to think we will soon have a second card to maintain. 

6 hours ago, Flgreg said:

Thanks. I saw an earlier post indicating Verifly is optional, not required. Anyone able to confirm?

Thanks.

We sailed in April, at which point Verifly was deemed required, but in actuality not used as much as expected. Once set up, Verifly was easy to use with groups like British Airways and Viking who were set up to process just with a scan of your QR code.

We did bring our original cards too just in case. As things are changing rapidly at the moment, I wouldn't know what advice to give for future cruises.