Constellation refurbishment schedule?

davy jones

If you are asking about the revolutionizing of the ships there has not been announcement of when that will restart.  That is an expensive undertaking and with the debt they took on, the Ascent to pay for and ships sailing at lower capacity it may be awhile.

2 hours ago, davy jones said:

Does anyone know when the next refurbishment of the Constellation is scheduled?

Major face-lift during down time at July 2021 dry dock.  Looked very nice for restart.  We were first pax to stand on new carpet and sit on new furniture in our cabin.  Revolution timing is anyone's guess.

The website Cruisedeckplans.com which is fairly accurate has a note that the Connie is scheduled for a dry-docking Oct 1, 2023. It doesn't say what refurbishments if any will be done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davy jones said:

How does it differ from Summit at this time?  Any major differences?

The Constellation has not been revolutionized and so doesn't have the Retreat Sundeck.  Michael's Club has not been converted to the Retreat Lounge.  The color scheme/decor/furniture are still the traditional darker look, not the revolutionized look that the Summit has (the Summit has been revolutionized).

The dry dock last year was just to refresh her (and they did an amazing job), not change her.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, prmssk said:

The Constellation has not been revolutionized and so doesn't have the Retreat Sundeck.  Michael's Club has not been converted to the Retreat Lounge.  The color scheme/decor/furniture are still the traditional darker look, not the revolutionized look that the Summit has (the Summit has been revolutionized).

The dry dock last year was just to refresh her (and they did an amazing job), not change her.

We've been on the post-Revolutionized Summit twice (with a 3rd cruise coming in September), and on the Constellation once, with a second booked for February 2024.

We loved both ships and, while I had absolutely no complaints about the Connie, I did find I preferred certain elements of the renovation on the Summit. We very much enjoyed the Retreat Sun Deck, and much preferred the updated Retreat Lounge to the dark atmosphere of Michael's Club. I also felt the new light color scheme in the cabins made them feel bigger and more open, although I do understand some peoples' criticism that they think it feels "cold". 

That said, we had absolutely no reluctance in booking the un-Revolutionized Connie again and are looking forward to both trips.

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The website Cruisedeckplans.com which is fairly accurate has a note that the Connie is scheduled for a dry-docking Oct 1, 2023. It doesn't say what refurbishments if any will be done.

Although, as I said above, I don't mind the un-Revolutionized Connie at all, it would not hurt my feelings if she did undergo the full renovation before our Feb. 2024 trip. 🙂 Although, I'm a little concerned that it might motivate my husband to upgrade us from Aqua to Retreat Class. 😉 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Although, as I said above, I don't mind the un-Revolutionized Connie at all, it would not hurt my feelings if she did undergo the full renovation before our Feb. 2024 trip. 🙂 Although, I'm a little concerned that it might motivate my husband to upgrade us from Aqua to Retreat Class. 😉 

We do not care what ship we are on, we will still book the Retreat for all the other amenities we get.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We do not care what ship we are on, we will still book the Retreat for all the other amenities we get.

I can understand that. For us, without the retreat sun deck and retreat lounge, the additional expense isn't always worth it, especially because I actually like Blu better than Luminae, but I know that's completely a matter of personal preference. Different strokes. 😉 

9 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I can understand that. For us, without the retreat sun deck and retreat lounge, the additional expense isn't always worth it, especially because I actually like Blu better than Luminae, but I know that's completely a matter of personal preference. Different strokes. 😉 

I also understand, the Retreat Sun deck has no interest for us, my dermatologist would yell at me if he knew I spent any time up there. At 72 my sun worshipping days are mostly behind me. I do have to admit the sun decks on the E Class ships are very nice, just not enough shade. Before we started booking the Retreat we cruise in Aqua and loved Blu because I have never liked dining in any cruise ships MDR, too much like being in a banquet hall.  Without Blu, booking Aqua is really a waste of money. We think Luminae is just one step above Blu but both are a lot more premium than the MDR. The newer Retreat lounges are very nice, but again even Micahel's club is still our favorite over the other bars on the ship. It is also less crowded which is nice post Covid when we do not like hanging out in larger over crowded bars like the Martini Bar.

Edited by terrydtx

Frankly there is almost zero difference between MC and Retreat Lounge other than branding.  The only concrete difference is the serving area they added.

We really like what they did to the Connie MC leaving the dark paneling but doing grey/green carpet and cream colored upholstery.  

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Uh-oh

image.png.f0d41a6d13b1307af91d572b7656470c.png

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Frankly there is almost zero difference between MC and Retreat Lounge other than branding. 

Don't forget that the furniture in MC might be a bit more practical than some of the new stuff in the Retreat Lounge if you're more than about 40 yrs old!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Don't forget that the furniture in MC might be a bit more practical than some of the new stuff in the Retreat Lounge if you're more than about 40 yrs old!

Yes they took the comfortable chairs from Rendezvous.  We found the new seating in Rendezvous somewhat stupid in the back where they have sofas facing each other and can't see the dance floor/band.

15 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I also understand, the Retreat Sun deck has no interest for us, my dermatologist would yell at me if he knew I spent any time up there. At 72 my sun worshipping days are mostly behind me. I do have to admit the sun decks on the E Class ships are very nice, just not enough shade. Before we started booking the Retreat we cruise in Aqua and loved Blu because I have never liked dining in any cruise ships MDR, too much like being in a banquet hall.  Without Blu, booking Aqua is really a waste of money. We think Luminae is just one step above Blu but both are a lot more premium than the MDR. The newer Retreat lounges are very nice, but again even Micahel's club is still our favorite over the other bars on the ship. It is also less crowded which is nice post Covid when we do not like hanging out in larger over crowded bars like the Martini Bar.

Totally understand that. We actually try to stay out of the sun, as well, and typically try to find a less sunny spot on the Retreat Sun Deck - there are a few - but like it, in part, to get away from the crowds on the main pool deck. 

And likewise for the Retreat Lounge. 

15 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Uh-oh

image.png.f0d41a6d13b1307af91d572b7656470c.png

So much for that idea? 🤔

We were on Connie last December, and Summit in April, in AQ1.

We prefer Connie.  The sofa was a 2 seater.  In Summit, it was only a wide 1 seater.  There was more storage and closet space in Connie too.  The summit cabin walls had been coated, so magnets had difficulty sticking.

Long live the Connie in it's current form.

• Like 1