Covid testing

linbobky

1 hour ago, linbobky said:

Is ncl still testing at the port before cruise? It is getting harder to find a place where we are to get the test.

Yes. 

However, the home tests are really easy. We have done 4 cruises with home tests. Quick. Easy. Done at the kitchen table while sipping coffee. eMed does not require reservations. Our insurance company covers 100% of the cost of the test. 

Edited by BirdTravels

8 minutes ago, Jeebs745 said:

What does Norwegian mean with “verified third party?” Does that mean I can’t go to my local urgent care for a PCR test? 

Traditionally the third party CAN be local clinic, pharmacy drive through or a virtual proctored test. 

7 hours ago, Jeebs745 said:

What does Norwegian mean with “verified third party?” Does that mean I can’t go to my local urgent care for a PCR test? 

Remember you will need to get your results quickly.  When I went to an urgent care once for a test, the results were going to take a couple of days.  Our cruise consultant recommended a Rapid Antigen test.  You should be able to get results for this test quickly - like an hour or so.  The eMed tests take 15 minutes to process and about 25 minutes total.  Then they email you the results.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight; I am planning to leave US on Monday for a cruise that leaves Amsterdam in the Thursday. I can do a proctored antigen test right before I leave? The company I use didn't put the doctor's name on the final result but it was on my appt confirmation email. Is that a problem? I know Carnival asks for the Dr name on their paperwork

Edited by victory2020

On 6/13/2022 at 9:58 PM, Jeebs745 said:

What it means is there are some "third parties" who are unqualified to test or give results.  I personally don't know of any, but in remote areas I've heard of some unscupulous and alleged health clinics popping up who test and charge an outrageous amount to do so.  And, they aren't certified/verified.

I believe any Emergency Clinic, any hospital sanctioned satellite location, CVS, Walgreens would qualify as "verified" to administer tests.  That's in addition to the places like eMed who will Procter a test that would qualify.

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

The company I use didn't put the doctor's name on the final result but it was on my appt confirmation email. Is that a problem? I know Carnival asks for the Dr name on their paperwork

Why would anybody need a doctor's involvement for a Covid test?

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why would anybody need a doctor's involvement for a Covid test?

I should say "provider's" name - it was a question that needed to be filled out on Carnival site to complete test results. I did another test the same day that had the provider's name on it (proctored one was backup so didn't use those results).  I don't know what would have happened if I put N/A or something to that effect