Cruise with Confidence Question

When you get your fcc is the expiry the date you cancel or the date of the cruise sail date. While i think i didn't technically redeem my fcc as i didn't pay final payment they are still telling me on the phone it would be a year but i am unclear a year from what. They don't always know what they are talking about so looking for re world experience. 

I cancelled a September 2022 cruise under Cruise with Confidence a month ago or more -- well before final payment was due, but mine was with a non-refundable deposit.  It took about 3 weeks, but Royal sent me an email with the FCC details.  The FCC expires one year from the sail date of the cancelled cruise.  So mine expires on September 25, 2023.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

When you get your fcc is the expiry the date you cancel or the date of the cruise sail date. While i think i didn't technically redeem my fcc as i didn't pay final payment they are still telling me on the phone it would be a year but i am unclear a year from what. They don't always know what they are talking about so looking for re world experience. 

56 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Can you still apply 2 fccs to a booking?

It used to be that you had 12 months from the date of the sailing regardless of when you cancelled however Royal changed the policy for FCC's and any that were issued due to Covid/CWC/global suspension no longer have an expiry date.  The only thing that will expire is the bonus 25% that some received when Royal cancelled their cruise.

Yes, you can apply an unlimited number of FCC's to a booking

• Like 1

Thanks. I booked online as the room i wanted didn't seem to be available over the phone. Are you supposed to receive an invoice like when you book over the phone. I was able to link the cruise so know its booked but can't find the invoice.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. I booked online as the room i wanted didn't seem to be available over the phone. Are you supposed to receive an invoice like when you book over the phone. I was able to link the cruise so know its booked but can't find the invoice.

Many report, including myself, that booking yourself online does not send a full invoice. You just get an email confirmation that is empty of useful info.  You need to call the main number and request the invoice.  There is an automated prompt way of requesting it so you don’t need to wait for a person.  I don’t have the keys to press, however, off the top of my head.  You can also wait for an agent and they can send it to you. 

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It used to be that you had 12 months from the date of the sailing regardless of when you cancelled however Royal changed the policy for FCC's and any that were issued due to Covid/CWC/global suspension no longer have an expiry date.  [snip]

Yes, you can apply an unlimited number of FCC's to a booking

I was just able to take advantage of the non-expiring FCC issued from my March 2020 Cruise with Confidence cancellation. Due to the original expiration date we had booked a cruise for last December. Royal cancelled all of their Mariner sailings and everybody had to rebook. Anyway, we rebooked and sailed in January 2022 but didn't use up the FCC. I was able to call Royal and apply the unused FCC balance to a booking for October 2022, but in addition, my sister was allowed to transfer her FCC to me, since I'll be in a solo cabin in October. So glad to be able to use that remaining $277 rather than lose it.