Oceania Beverage Packages

slinkie_dawg

Depends on how much & what you drink

Scroll down to the Beverage package  link

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

You can get  the House select for your O Life perk or pay $39.95 PP PD  wine/champagne & beer  for lunch & dinner ONLY

once onboard you can upgrade to the Prestige package for $20 PP PD

Premium package  $59.95 PP PD  includes most  drinks

Pay as you drink

The Preisman blog has menus with prices for 2021  probably close to todays prices  plus  add the 20% gratuity to the price listed

https://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_21_menus.htm

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DougMacP said:

Thank you LHT28….The prices solve the issue of to drink package or to not drink package (No…in our case)  Do they still do the Happy Hour  2 or 1 at 5pm and at 10pm?  Many thanks.

AFAIK  yes to 5-6Pm 

late night is usually 10:30

check the back of the Currents when onboard

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DougMacP said:

Do they still do the Happy Hour 2 or 1 at 5pm and at 10pm?

Read your daily Currents. While on Riviera (12/13-23/21) the daily drink specials were on the bottom of the last page. So, for example, for Day 10 (12/22/21):

"HAPPY HOUR 5-6 pm/Martinis, Grand Bar & Horizons 10:30-11:30 pm/Horizons exclusions apply

COCKTAIL OF THE DAY Rob Roy Scotch, Sweet Vermouth $6.50 +20% GRATUITY"

• Like 1

Unless all you drink is beer the upgrade cost is about a drink and a half per day not during lunch or dinner. We take the regular perk as part of our Olife package. Even if that upgrade cost isn't met every day its nice to have the convenience of doing what you want when you want.  

3 hours ago, BigCheese1 said:

My husband drinks but I do not. Can 1 person in a stateroom buy a package? 

TIA

"BUY" is the operative word

If you take the beverage package as your O Life perk  both parties  must take the same perk

If you just out right buy a package  then yes  it is OK for 1 person

20 hours ago, LHT28 said:

"BUY" is the operative word

If you take the beverage package as your O Life perk  both parties  must take the same perk

If you just out right buy a package  then yes  it is OK for 1 person

Thanks to Sny, ChadnKate  and LHT28.

So we have taken the OBC as our 'O life' perk.  It would seem we can change our minds right up to (is it) 30 days before we sail.  We may yet take excursions, but they don't seem such good value.  Hubby needs to do some Maths,  I think.

The cruise is not until March '23 (Peru, Panama and Palms transiting Panama Canal, ending in Miami 18N) so I have started my 'homework' already.

We live in the UK and are doing a round UK trip next month. I think we thought there would be less Covid-related hurdles by doing a UK trip (we wish)!  Downside is I should have started my 'homework' on that one sooner.  So this is why I am trying to sort out this cruise, early, early, early.

Thanks again

17 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

we have taken the OBC as our 'O life' perk. 

Bookings can be made with or without the OLife Perk.

The important thing to know is that the cost of the OLife perk is identical to what you will be allocated as OBC. If you decide on OBC your money will be tied up and only be available for specific uses - better to decline the OLife perk if OBC is your choice. As you have mentioned, that choice can be made closer to embarkation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

So we have taken the OBC as our 'O life' perk.  It would seem we can change our minds right up to (is it) 30 days before we sail.  We may yet take excursions, but they don't seem such good value.  Hubby needs to do some Maths,  I think.

The cruise is not until March '23 (Peru, Panama and Palms transiting Panama Canal, ending in Miami 18N) so I have started my 'homework' already.

We live in the UK and are doing a round UK trip next month. I think we thought there would be less Covid-related hurdles by doing a UK trip (we wish)!  Downside is I should have started my 'homework' on that one sooner.  So this is why I am trying to sort out this cruise, early, early, early.

Thanks again

I highly recommend you do the math.  For me, taking the "free" excursions and booking 5 excursions was the best value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigCheese1 said:

Thanks again

The OBC is the worst choice

Excursions are the best 

if they do not appeal to you  take the cruise only fare  & book your own air

JMO

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The OBC is the worst choice

Excursions are the best 

if they do not appeal to you  take the cruise only fare  & book your own air

JMO

Seriously, if I take a hundred dollars from my wallet, hand them to a third party, allow them to hold it, but they don't allow it to be refunded back to me if I don't spend it all and then claim they GAVE me a hundred bucks, that would be foolish.  

And that is exactly what the Olife OBC "perk" is.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Seriously, if I take a hundred dollars from my wallet, hand them to a third party, allow them to hold it, but they don't allow it to be refunded back to me if I don't spend it all and then claim they GAVE me a hundred bucks, that would be foolish.  

And that is exactly what the Olife OBC "perk" is.  

Exactly

• Like 1

Since the drink package is not an option for us, we find the  Free Excursions to be OUR best option, especially when coupled with the YWYW 25% discount.  JMHO. When we have “run the numbers” it has always been a no brainer because we usually book enough excursions to qualify for the discount, even with some additional Private Tours. Like O says, YOUR WORLD YOUR WAY!  
Ciao, Mauibabes

For us  O Life does not work f

We do not drink much

We do not do ships tours

We do get enough OBC from other sources 

We do get PPG

We usually do our own air  in some instances  O air works for us  & then if the math works out  we will do the OBC as a perk

but most of the time we  do "Cruise  only"

Everyone needs to do the math & choose what works best  for them

JMO

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Since the drink package is not an option for us, we find the  Free Excursions to be OUR best option, especially when coupled with the YWYW 25% discount.  JMHO. When we have “run the numbers” it has always been a no brainer because we usually book enough excursions to qualify for the discount, even with some additional Private Tours. Like O says, YOUR WORLD YOUR WAY!

The only way beverage or tour are a bargain is if you would purchase them any way.
Personally, we have found excursions VIA TOURing with private companies identical to the Oceania offerings at one third the cost. Full cancellations.

That leaves us with the beverage package. Oh well……… You do what you have to do.

Thanks to everyone, too many to list.  We will definitely have a re-think on which perk we choose now.

Some thoughts:

• We are coming all the way from the UK, so prefer to stick with Oceania for our Air fare, then, whatever happens they must get us to the ship.
  • I will certainly have a look at the Oceania excursions but as many of you say, I'll be trying to do some not-ship related tours- Oceania will be very dear and in large coaches I suppose.
  • Some acronyms you all use don't ring bells with me (don't lets start a British English vs American English debate - we  love them both). ha, ha
  • Not sure how one gets the YWYW discount?

More homework on this today - too hot here in the UK to be outside - no air conditioning of course!

Kind regards and so grateful for thoughts

23 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

Thanks to everyone, too many to list.  We will definitely have a re-think on which perk we choose now.

Some thoughts:

• We are coming all the way from the UK, so prefer to stick with Oceania for our Air fare, then, whatever happens they must get us to the ship.
  •  

Your faith that Oceania will get you to the ship is misplaced.  

• Like 1

Oh dear!  But likely in a better place than separating the air fare and the cruise.  I'm Mrs. Optimistic on this.

Also in the UK, the way our travel insurance works is that it is easier to claim from a 'package' holiday that you have bought than if you had split air fare/hotels/cruise ship/ transfers.

Too many things to think of, my head is spinning, but glad I am started this work so early! Thanks for your thoughts.....