Cruise Land Tour- Alaska 8/4/22 Questions

Booked on the Cruise Land Tour for Alaska - Millennium for 8/4/22.  Was looking for info regarding the Land Tour portion of the Cruise Tour.  What is included?  Meals, Tours,  past experiences, free time, extra cost excursions, etc.  Any info or suggestions are welcome.  Greatly appreciated. 

Meals are not included.  Tours on the land portion are but there are additional excursions that you can book through the tour guide at a cost.  Otherwise, you would have free time. Luggage has to be outside your hotel room door early in the morning. They will ask you to pack one suitcase for things you need on the land portion and one with cruise only items.  This case will be put on the coach and delivered to your room on the ship, or to your last hotel room at the end of the tour if the cruise is first.  We did 2 land tours through Celebrity and at the time they had their own train car for only Celebrity and meals on the train were included.  From a few posts I saw this is no longer the case. With reduced capacity they might be using the regular train cars for the tour.

Thanks for asking. I posted something similar on Alaska board and not much response. Appreciate the responses here on the Celebrity board. May could condense the topic though. 

It is a work in progress to get things back going I think and we are just going to try to leave our usual selves at home (we try each time we cruise) and enjoy the journey.

just did the 18 day cruise & pre & post land tours in May

for the pre-cruise land tour, no meals included except lunch on Fox Island.  We did have a private car for the train and the meals in the dining car were excellent.  

on the post-cruise tour from Vancouver to Calvary, the daily bus tours included lunch 3 days which we weren't expecting.  2 days the food was pretty good, and one day not so good but adequate.

The pre-cruise tour we were on a bus with only other Celebrity passengers.  Had the same guide and drive the whole time in Alaska.

In Canada, a different bus and guide each day and other people on the tours, not just Celebrity folks.  The daily bus tours were done by Brewster tours.  The guides were very good.  A lot more included than we expected from what was on the Celebrity website.  

let me know any other questions you may have.

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion.     You may have posted two threads as I answered on your other thread.   The reason I mentioned it here I had just moments earlier replied on the other one.   Maybe you can ask CC to join the two threads. 

• Like 1

I am going on Millenium in July after land tour. My question is, what time does the coach get you to the ship for boarding in Seward? That question is on the check-in. They want to know what time you will board the ship.  Thank you

1 hour ago, K2explorer1 said:

I am going on Millenium in July after land tour. My question is, what time does the coach get you to the ship for boarding in Seward? That question is on the check-in. They want to know what time you will board the ship.  Thank you

Which land tour are you taking?  Do you end the land tour with the wildlife cruise in Seward?  We were on 7A in May.  We disembarked  Millienium in Seward, and took the Resurrection Bay tour.  It was a 4-5 hour cruise, and there was a southbound tour group on Kenai Fjords cruise with us.  As we didn’t return to the Seward cruise port until almost 5pm, they probably boarded Millie around 5 to 5:30 pm.

47 minutes ago, K2explorer1 said:

On the day we get to the ship, we are having lunch in Denali then taking a coach to the ship.

I'm sure you have it well planned, but from memory that would be a very aggressive schedule.

From what I recall - on our trip we spent the night in Talkeetna (Denali being about 40 minutes away)  and the bus to Seward was about 5 hours.    We left very early in the morning and had a stop at the Wildlife Center which they used to stagger the buses into port.    Total time was about 7 hours. 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:03 PM, K2explorer1 said:

Approximately 4 pm.

3 hours ago, K2explorer1 said:

On the day we get to the ship, we are having lunch in Denali then taking a coach to the ship.

Are you lunching in Denali then going to the ship in Seward? That is a long ride. Maybe I’m reading your post incorrectly.