Regal Princess 2023 Baltic cruises canceled

aimee0715

I just received an email from Princess that the Baltic program out of Denmark on Regal for 2023 is canceled due to the war in Ukraine.  My husband and I were booked for the transatlantic leaving Denamark in September of 2023.  😔

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-regal-europe-apr-through-sept-2023.pdf

• Thanks 1

We were also booked on this sailing and it was cancelled yesterday.  We are hoping to book Regal, which is now going to do Emerald’s British Isles itinerary in September 2023.   I’m actually happy about the switch.

Your  notice  of cancellation also states you are entitled to a 10% discount on any cruise up to Dec. 2023 of less than 15 days.  A campaign code is also provided to get the discount when you rebook.

Edited by Lady Arwen

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We were also booked on this sailing and it was cancelled yesterday.  We are hoping to book Regal, which is now going to do Emerald’s British Isles itinerary in September 2023.   I’m actually happy about the switch.

Your  notice  of cancellation also states you are entitled to a 10% discount on any cruise up to Dec. 2023 of less than 15 days.  A campaign code is also provided to get the discount when you rebook.

Yes, I just noticed that 10% discount.  I was going to look and see what Regal will be doing instead.  I'm actually pondering trying Hawaii again.  We did the round trip to Hawaii from San Francisco on Grand a few years ago.  But, we only got to stop in Honolulu because of a fire on the ship.   

3 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Yes, I just noticed that 10% discount.  I was going to look and see what Regal will be doing instead.  I'm actually pondering trying Hawaii again.  We did the round trip to Hawaii from San Francisco on Grand a few years ago.  But, we only got to stop in Honolulu because of a fire on the ship.   

We did Hawaii years ago and it was nice, but not my cup of tea, really.  Beautiful scenery, but very much like all big cities in North America with too many fast food restaurants and such.  We like European cruising now.  Isn’t it wonderful that there’s something for everyone!  

We are booked on the Emerald British Isles followed by a transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale.   Received a "Voyage Redeployment" notice from Princess and I had to read the fine print to learn that the Emerald has been replaced by the Regal.

Same itinerary, but without a full promenade on the Regal we will likely cancel once the dust settles.  We've tried the partial so-called promenades and don't book cruises on ships with a full promenade anymore.

At least there are more than one cruise line and more than one ship to cruise with.

• Like 1