Steam room / sauna situation

HealthCraig

The Jewel class ships have separate steam rooms and saunas in the men and women areas. I love the sauna with all the windows. You can see out the front and side of the ship. I enjoy using the Co-ed area with my husband and then enjoy some time to my self. We meet back at the room later.  He showers in the men's area at the spa so that when I get back to the room I can head right in to take my shower without rushing so he can have a turn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HealthCraig said:

Does anyone know if any of the NCL ships have separate steam room/sauna facilities for men and women.

Here is a link to an open source/ user updatable spreadsheet that lists the Steam/Sauna configurations for each ship / each line.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit#gid=836403675

If there are any updates - please make them on the spreadsheet so others can see the most accurate data...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

On the ships I've been on (Epic, Breakaway, Breakaway Plus) they've all been co-ed.  Shower and changing facilities are obviously separated by gender.  But, not the steam room/Sauna room facilities.

The Epic has both separate and CoEd steam rooms and saunas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

The Jewel class ships have separate steam rooms and saunas in the men and women areas. I love the sauna with all the windows. You can see out the front and side of the ship. I enjoy using the Co-ed area with my husband and then enjoy some time to my self. We meet back at the room later.  He showers in the men's area at the spa so that when I get back to the room I can head right in to take my shower without rushing so he can have a turn.

When was the last time you were on a Jewel class ship? I would like to book a cruise, but it seems these cruise lines change up the ships and rip out these separate steam rooms/saunas. 

7 minutes ago, HealthCraig said:

When was the last time you were on a Jewel class ship? I would like to book a cruise, but it seems these cruise lines change up the ships and rip out these separate steam rooms/saunas. 

The separate steam and sauna has not changed since the ship was built. Lots of clothes-optional folks with jiggly bits. 

• Haha 3

On 6/15/2022 at 11:50 PM, HealthCraig said:

May 2022 Pearl I toured the thermal suites and it was still separate.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, RGEDad said:

Here is a link to an open source/ user updatable spreadsheet that lists the Steam/Sauna configurations for each ship / each line.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit#gid=836403675

If there are any updates - please make them on the spreadsheet so others can see the most accurate data...

could only see RCI. Does the Dawn have free steam rooms?

18 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Some previous user had set some filters so you could only see free RLC - inconsiderate of your fellow cruisers to leave it like that (especially as there is a pop-up that says one is changing something that really should not be changed.)

I have removed the filters - and you can now see the Dawn

Unfortunately - In one portion for the Dawn it shows the steam room is Free, but there are annotations that says it is not free. So not much help for you there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Not that I know of. 

Within the Thermal Suite there are a few stone loungers, a large jacuzzi, small jacuzzi, small lap pool that folks stand in. In the locker rooms, there is a small steam room, small sauna, and cold plunge. (jiggly bits included)

image.png.578b5c1885e1adb42d0c35a3cf177d18.png

image.png.6b403327db3a47e9e700af8d4bb4b692.png

image.thumb.png.64fb0b334cacad916d874e924b42c800.png

image.png.df6f59982838d7377a08d18ed793355c.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, RGEDad said:

The link appears to have been deleted 😞

Edited by UnbridledEnthusiasm

• 1 month later...

I did some digging on their website and found that NCL places a strong emphasis on passenger comfort and convenience. They understand that some guests prefer gender-segregated facilities, and they strive to accommodate those preferences.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 10:54 AM, Cruising Lynne said:

May 2022 Pearl I toured the thermal suites and it was still separate.

Sept 2023 for me and still separate. The coed area has the heated tile benches and a huge therapy pool (like a hot tub). There’s a dry sauna, steam room, cold plunge tub, hot tub in the women’s section 

On 2/3/2024 at 9:19 PM, stacyschrist said:

I did some digging on their website and found that NCL places a strong emphasis on passenger comfort and convenience. They understand that some guests prefer gender-segregated facilities, and they strive to accommodate those preferences.

So, based on my personal experience and the information I found, it's likely that you'll have the option for separate steam and sauna facilities on NCL ships. It's a small but important detail that can make your cruise even more enjoyable. Also, I came across this helpful comparative review of different sauna brands on https://solasauna.com/sunlighten-saunas-vs-clearlight-saunas-a-comparative-review, which might come in handy if you're considering getting a sauna for your home in the future.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:06 PM, Thunderbird19 said:

Argh!  Great link to the open source spreadsheet….but, there is no info for the NCL Escape. Bummer.

Here is a video walk thru of the Escape. The mens and women locker rooms have a dressing / changing area and showers only