When does cruise planner update?

Airportlimbo

Booked a cruise for 2024, but the cruise planner is almost completely empty. Is there any timeline Celebrity follows for adding on board services, dining, etc? 

or is it a check back everyday type of thing?

Edited by Airportlimbo
Autocorrect

• Airportlimbo changed the title to When does cruise planner update?
6 hours ago, Airportlimbo said:

Booked a cruise for 2024, but the cruise planner is almost completely empty. Is there any timeline Celebrity follows for adding on board services, dining, etc? 

or is it a check back everyday type of thing?

I don't know if there is a prescribed timeline for opening up dining reservations, spa reservations, and other services, but they wouldn't be open this far out.  It'll probably be more like 9-12 months out.  I don't have experience with every line out there, but I know of only that actually communicates a date for opening those sorts of reservations, and they open it up 270 days before sailing.

Excursions are a mixed bag at the moment and depend largely on the port.  We have a sailing this Fall, and one of the ports only started showing excursions last week.  We've had other sailings since the restart where excursions were still populating or changing only days from sailing (or even while on the sailing)  That's the port and the world right now, not just Celebrity's doing.  Here's hoping things settle  more by 2024, but I still don't know if there's much use looking more than 12 months out.

Check-in likely will open 45 days out from sailing, but you can find that actual date on the Celebrity app.  Open the app, swipe right, make sure you are set on your sailing, and then scroll down.  Underneath your stateroom will be the check-in date, at least as it's scheduled right now.  

• Thanks 1

My experience is that there is no schedule or consistency.   It get's more accurate close to final payment date and gets more updates the closer to sailing dates. 

On a cruise in 60 days they just opened a lot more excursions.