Arrivecan help from Montreal for Canada/New England cruise

missguy

Leaving saturday June 18th on the Zaandam from Montreal. Trying to fill out Arrivecan and the only Port of entry shown for Montreal is Montreal Marine and Rail services. Is that the one? Also, will I need to fill out again Arrivecan when we fly back from Boston to Montreal on June 25th? Thank you for your help!

Really? But it says in HAL Health and Safety guidelines that Canadian guests (we live in Montreal) will need to complete Arrivecan within 72 hrs of embarkation. I'm so confused now!!! 

• Like 1

You don't need to fill out ArriveCAN for boarding your cruise. You are already in Canada and the cruise doesn't exit and (re-)enter Canada. On the other hand, when you fly back following your cruise, you will need to fill out the app because you will then be entering Canada.

HAL's guidelines are misleading. If you were boarding an Alaskan cruise that starts and ends in Vancouver, you would need to fill it out as you would be (re-)entering Canada during your cruise. But if you were sailing from Vancouver to Hawaii, there would be no need. On the East Coast it's the same thing, you only need to use the app if you exit and re-enter Canada.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, missguy said:

Should I delete my Arrivecan receipt for the cruise and just apply again for my return flight?

No need to delete the receipt. Just make a new submission within 72 hours of your return flight from Boston.

4 minutes ago, missguy said:

So I keep the same receipt but start over with the new info right?

You can keep the receipt if you want, but you don't need to. The new submission will result in a new receipt being generated.

I am so glad to hear this information regarding an ArriveCAN for one way cruises from Canada!!
There have been several debates regarding cruise line requirements and ArriveCAN 72 hours before embarkation. Simple enough to fill out when you fly into Canada, but in preparation of an upcoming cruise I was trying to get a handle on a trip leaving from Canada and disembarking in Hawaii. The example I saw let you check if you were entering Canada by land, plane, or marine. (Perhaps there is an updated version that is different now).

But everyone was insisting we needed to fill one out and it just wasn’t making sense to me. So thank you very much! 

• Like 1