Purchasing Specialty Dining?

San10s

I am a seasoned cruiser with Princess and have enjoyed many meals in the Princess Specialty restaurants.  I have booked those while on board and used OBC.  I went into my Medallion App today and made reservations in the ‘Dining My Way’ section for on couple of dates.  I cannot find where I pay for those reservations.  Princess does not seem to have a place to  pre-purchase Specialty Dining first and then make the reservations either.

Any insight you have would be appreciated. Thank you

After selecting your date and time, you are asked what which dining room you are interested in.  After selecting that you go to confirm your selection and on that page your cruise payment method shows up.  

• Like 1

Just be aware that booking speciality dining on Dine My Way App whether pre cruise or onboard does not guarantee a booking. We recently booked a meal in Crown Grill on day of embarkation on Emerald Princess. Booking was accepted and was shown on my dining reservations every day, we turned up for the meal on the day to find restaurant closed. When I complained they said everyone who had booked for that night had been informed. I said clearly not as I havent been informed and they tried to pass the blame on to me by saying I should have confirmed it in person at Crown Grill and I asked so what is the point of Dine My Way and was told there was a glitch on the App that meant not all bookings go through to right department.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Just be aware that booking speciality dining on Dine My Way App whether pre cruise or onboard does not guarantee a booking. We recently booked a meal in Crown Grill on day of embarkation on Emerald Princess. Booking was accepted and was shown on my dining reservations every day, we turned up for the meal on the day to find restaurant closed. When I complained they said everyone who had booked for that night had been informed. I said clearly not as I havent been informed and they tried to pass the blame on to me by saying I should have confirmed it in person at Crown Grill and I asked so what is the point of Dine My Way and was told there was a glitch on the App that meant not all bookings go through to right department.

Was Crown Grill opened other nights of the cruise?  How about Sabatini's?

I've been trying to book on the app for my July cruise. I get as far as entering payment and get an error message at the top of the page. Tried various nights/times and restaurants.

1 hour ago, ojaidenny said:

After selecting your date and time, you are asked what which dining room you are interested in.  After selecting that you go to confirm your selection and on that page your cruise payment method shows up.  

Thank you.  I tried it again and found It finally….. it didn’t load the first few tries.  I probably was a little impatient! 🙄

12 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Was Crown Grill opened other nights of the cruise?  How about Sabatini's?

They had both open on differing nights never both on same night. They don't have enough staff to open both all the time. What was poor was that Crown Grill was advertised in Princess Patter as open every night but Sabatini's was never mentioned.