Experience with go port?

HakunaMatada

I've never been brave enough to fly in the day of, so I usually fly in a day early, stay the night and get a transfer to the port and from the port back to the airport. I see there is a site that does just that. What do you guys recommend to do or have good experience with? Flying into orlando, then taking cruise from port canaveral. So looking at shuttles, a room, and transfers?

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, HakunaMatada said:

I've never been brave enough to fly in the day of, so I usually fly in a day early, stay the night and get a transfer to the port and from the port back to the airport. I see there is a site that does just that. What do you guys recommend to do or have good experience with? Flying into orlando, then taking cruise from port canaveral. So looking at shuttles, a room, and transfers?

Thanks!

Took a Cruise on Mardi Gras from port Canaveral. We stayed in Orlando Fairfield Inn over night before the cruise. GO Port only does a single pickup time at the Hotel 12pm. The bus arrived about 11:45 and we were off at 12:15pm with a full bus. price was right but not any time options. If you looking to board early make sure you check departure times. Go Port was ok

I used Go Port for my cruise last month and had no issues at all.  Traffic caused them to be late to pick us up but they called and let us know ahead of time.  We had the shuttle to ourselves on the way to the port and still arrived at our scheduled check in time.  On the ride back to the airport we were on their bus and it picked up from all the terminals that were in port that day and took us straight to the airport.  I booked the hotel and transfers all together on their site.  When I checked prices, the package was about the same price as if I just booked the hotel by itself so it was a no brainer for me. For my cruise next month we are driving this time, but I booked with them to park my car instead of at the terminal.  Price is much cheaper. I would definitely recommend them.

13 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Took a Cruise on Mardi Gras from port Canaveral. We stayed in Orlando Fairfield Inn over night before the cruise. GO Port only does a single pickup time at the Hotel 12pm. The bus arrived about 11:45 and we were off at 12:15pm with a full bus. price was right but not any time options. If you looking to board early make sure you check departure times. Go Port was ok

what time was you back at the airport?

Just. Don't. Do. It. We reluctantly booked through them because they refused to honor their guaranteed 70% refund on Covid cancelled reservations. The shuttle was late. Mass chaos. No one was giving directions to the 100 plus people waiting at the hotel. It took almost 2 hours from scheduled pick up to drop off at the port. Going back to the airport was almost as bad, we got on the shuttle at 7:30 and didn't leave until close to 9:00. There are plenty of other options. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

We're flying in the day before our cruise (Nov. 19th embarkation) and booked with Go Port for their Fly Snooze Cruise package. Can't beat the price. I just hope it all goes as planned.

We took Go Port both ways for our cruise on the Mariner of the Seas - 6/18/22.

Our Orlando airport shuttle dropped us off right at the bus, went into the terminal to check in, got on the bus, and headed to Port Canaveral.

Coming back, we got off the boat around 8:45, got on the bus and we pulled into MCO at 10am.

We might have gotten lucky having the bus there and ready both ways.

Worked well of us, and would not hesitate to use them again.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, MalleyCat said:

Just. Don't. Do. It. We reluctantly booked through them because they refused to honor their guaranteed 70% refund on Covid cancelled reservations. The shuttle was late. Mass chaos. No one was giving directions to the 100 plus people waiting at the hotel. It took almost 2 hours from scheduled pick up to drop off at the port. Going back to the airport was almost as bad, we got on the shuttle at 7:30 and didn't leave until close to 9:00. There are plenty of other options. Good luck.

Which hotel did you stay in as part of your Go Port package?

Just got back from a cruise Saturday where I used them for the second time in a row.  First time as I mentioned above was the Fly Snooze Cruise package.  I had no issues.  This time I drove to the port and used them for parking and shuttle back and forth to the port.  We waited about 45 minutes before we were able to board the shuttle and it took maybe 15 minutes to get to the port.  On the way back there was a little longer wait after boarding while they waited for other passengers that had booked.  If you are on Carnival you are picked up first.  Then they go to Royal.  We experienced that the last time because we had to wait a little bit before they got us.  There were a few other people in our party that chose to carry their bags off and used Go Port as well and they also said they had no issues getting from port to their cars.  I even read some bad reviews on them talking about how bags got dropped at wrong terminal.  They give you a tag for all your bags that has your terminal on it so I'm not sure how that happened unless the tags is something new.  I have one more cruise this year out of that port and will use them again.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, btc1951 said:

Which hotel did you stay in as part of your Go Port package?

Marriot Lakeside. Nice hotel. Stores & restaurants within walking distance. Would stay there again, just won't use Go Port.

@graphicguywrote today in his NCL Getaway review:

“My transport from the pier to MCO, #goport, was an unmitigated disaster.  They are supposed to run constant shuttles from the pier to MCO beginning at 7:00 a.m.  They were 30 minutes late arriving.  And, the driver spent more time “putzing” around with a broom, his mobile phone, his Bluetooth music speaker, ,trying to get some sort of kids show to work on the bus TV ( which was well past functional a while ago, I’m sure, chatting with other people I guess he works with.  We didn’t leave the pier until well over an hour later.

“Add to that, he couldn’t figure out how to get the entrance gate to the bus parking areas to MCO open.  That took another 10 minutes.

“Word of caution, do not book GOPORT.”

9 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

@graphicguywrote today in his NCL Getaway review:

“My transport from the pier to MCO, #goport, was an unmitigated disaster.  They are supposed to run constant shuttles from the pier to MCO beginning at 7:00 a.m.  They were 30 minutes late arriving.  And, the driver spent more time “putzing” around with a broom, his mobile phone, his Bluetooth music speaker, ,trying to get some sort of kids show to work on the bus TV ( which was well past functional a while ago, I’m sure, chatting with other people I guess he works with.  We didn’t leave the pier until well over an hour later.

“Add to that, he couldn’t figure out how to get the entrance gate to the bus parking areas to MCO open.  That took another 10 minutes.

“Word of caution, do not book GOPORT.”

Yeah….and I was being kind.  They don’t seem to have any idea of how to do their scheduling nor what it means to be remotely on time.  Still not clear to me why they (the bus and driver) were late, nor why, knowing they were late, waited around to be even later.

My flight was at 11:15 a.m.  They were supposed to pick us up at the pier (there were about 25 of us waiting) at 7:00 a.m.  Double and triple checked they were going to be there at 7.  They confirmed and reconfirmed they would be there.  Even leaving cushion for some wait time and traffic, I figured we’d be at MCO by 9:00 a.m.  We didn’t get there until 10:50 a.m.  Negotiating MCO and the craziness there, if my flight had been on time, I would have missed my flight.  Fortunately (I guess) my flight was delayed an hour and did make it.

Asked the check in person what was going on and why they were late, he said the driver may have gone to the wrong port (HUH?).  He also said he tried to call the bus driver several times to inform of the correct port.  Don’t know if they reached him or not.  He also said he called their dispatch, but they had no information (double HUH?).  Called GO PORT on my phone while we were waiting in the heat to tell them their bus driver was late.  They just kept saying to wait.  Finally, I called to tell them to just refund my fare because they were late and I’d go get an UBER.  They said 
“non-refundable”.

Will never use them, again!

In the end, I should probably just got an UBER and contested the charge on my AMEX when I got home.

• Like 1