Who can I contact

sandancer

I need to communicate with someone in the Celebrity hierarchy urgently. Our problem is that when we sailed on a transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale on 18th April the authorities were not informed that we had left the USA by the cruise line. We have informed this week that we are about to overstay the i94 visa that was issued on 27th March. They think we are still in the US. This is a big deal for us as we plan to return on August 4th and we will almost certainly be refused entry even if it was not our fault. Can anyone help with an email address of someone at the Miami office who can sort this out for us. Thanks

Edited by sandancer

Would it be a better approach for you to contact the US Embassy or a US Consulate in England and advise them that you have left the US and forward documentation that you traveled by ship?  I would want to be in control of this situation and not rely on Celebrity.

• Like 5

That would be my suggestions as well.

Celebrity may have processed everything correctly and the error happened elsewhere, but the fix is something I wouldn't trust anyone else to handle given the consequences of getting it wrong.

I also posted this question on Cruise/Air forum and was advised to gather evidence that we have been back in the UK since May 5th. I was hoping Celebrity might be able to provide some paperwork showing we left the country. I take on board your advice to contact the US authorities here in the UK. 

Well I tried. The US Embassy and Consulates do not accept telephone calls and do not have an email address. They simply keep referring you to the website where there is no way of addressing this problem so I am back to looking for a contact within Celebrity. 

10 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Well I tried. The US Embassy and Consulates do not accept telephone calls and do not have an email address. They simply keep referring you to the website where there is no way of addressing this problem so I am back to looking for a contact within Celebrity. 

I would suggest CBP then...

https://helpspanish.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1674?language=en_US

I imagine that is where the notification about your overstay has originated as well...

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

I need to communicate with someone in the Celebrity hierarchy urgently. Our problem is that when we sailed on a transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale on 18th April the authorities were not informed that we had left the USA by the cruise line. We have informed this week that we are about to overstay the i94 visa that was issued on 27th March. They think we are still in the US. This is a big deal for us as we plan to return on August 4th and we will almost certainly be refused entry even if it was not our fault. Can anyone help with an email address of someone at the Miami office who can sort this out for us. Thanks

Short of or before someone can provide you with a contact at Celebrity, maybe call the state department IN the US, not the UK, and they can guide you or provide some advice re your situation.  Good luck!!

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

I found this page with telephone numbers for the US Embassy in London.  Maybe somebody there will pick up the phone and guide you.  It is for US citizens in the UK but maybe they can help.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/emergency-contact/

16 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Here is a FAQ from CBP's website.  They have a phone number in addition to web resources.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-3668?language=en_US

From this website:

What can I do if I feel this information regarding my departure from the United States is incorrect?

If you feel your departure is incorrect you have two options:

1. You can contact the CBP Traveler Communications Center at (202) 325-8000.

2. You can formally write to the Department of Homeland Security's Travel Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP). DHS Trip is a single point of contact for individuals who have inquiries or seek resolution regarding difficulties they experienced during their travel screening at transportation hubs, like airports and train stations, or crossing U.S. borders. Examples may include denied or delayed airline boarding, repeated denials or delays with entry into and exit from the United States at a port of entry or border checkpoint, referred to additional (secondary) screening.

You can contact DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP) at: http://www.dhs.gov/trip.

Or, by mail to:

DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (TRIP)

601 South 12th Street, TSA-901

Arlington, VA 22202

• Like 3