Accommodation suggestions between FLL and Port of Miami - possibly near beach

We are flying into FLL two days before our cruise from Miami and have another two days post cruise. Accommodations pre cruise will be hard near Miami pre cruise as there is some kind of boat show. Post cruise is a little easier. We stayed at South Beach pre cruise 10 years ago and hubby was hoping for something similar but prices are crazy high. Originally I was looking for $200 per night which Im not sue is possible. We stayed at Home2Suites in Fort Lauderdale a few years back but that wasn't really a good location. I don't think we will rent a car and usually get shuttles or cab. Any suggestions for places to stay either near Fort Lauderdale or Miami or near a beach somewhere in between the two. Thanks

The Miami Boat Show is February 15 to 20 so prices will be high pre-cruise in Miami. Pre-cruise you are contending with the beginning of Presidents Day (Monday, the 20th) weekend and the beginning of the busiest cruise week in January and February because it is winter vacation week in many public schools.  Cruises (at least in pre-covid times) sell out at premium fares as do hotel rooms, especially near the beach.  Sunday, the 19th, is also the Fort Lauderdale marathon which is not nearly as big an event as the Boston, NYC or the Marine Corps marathons but it does bring in additional visitors for the weekend.   I think you will need to up your budget. Reserve something you can live with now with no cancellation fee reservation but keep looking.

I'm trying to pin down some places with free cancel now. But looking for some ideas of where to check. Fort Lauderdale - I've seen Best Western, Riverside and Hyatt Place suggested.  Several options in Miami for after cruise but sounds like I need to stay closer to Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise. I can raise my budget as needed but don't want to get too high.

Riverside is a wonderful hotel on Las Olas Blvd. Plenty of great restaurants that you can walk too. Close to the Water Taxi too.Ten minute cab ride over to Fort Lauderdale Beach. Just a nice place.