Royal Changed Thrill Water Park Cabana to Chill Island Cabana

Having never been to Coco Cay, I reserved a Thrill Water Park Cabana for our cruise and just received an email from RCCL that due to capacity issues they had to move us to the Chill Island Cabana.  We are traveling with our 2 grandkids, ages 6 and 9.  Is this an acceptable swap?

I agree.  It is unacceptable.  I would contact RCI, preferably by email so you have written documentation, and say it is unacceptable.  You booked the cabana type that you wanted and it is unfair for them to switch with no consideration.  

I think then you say you understand their situation (THEY overbooked), but you selected the Thrill Waterpark cabanas because that's what you wanted for your traveling party.  However, if they <insert something here... 1/2 price refund on the cabana?>, you are willing to accept the Chill Island cabana.  

The trick is knowing what you are willing to accept, and ask for a little more. 

You don't say how soon your cruise is.  If it's soon (within 30 days), I'd go straight to the mbayley email others have posted on here.  If longer, I would give their normal channels a chance, but a limited chance, like maybe 3 business days. 

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I agree.  It is unacceptable.  I would contact RCI, preferably by email so you have written documentation, and say it is unacceptable.  You booked the cabana type that you wanted and it is unfair for them to switch with no consideration.  

I think then you say you understand their situation (THEY overbooked), but you selected the Thrill Waterpark cabanas because that's what you wanted for your traveling party.  However, if they <insert something here... 1/2 price refund on the cabana?>, you are willing to accept the Chill Island cabana.  

The trick is knowing what you are willing to accept, and ask for a little more. 

You don't say how soon your cruise is.  If it's soon (within 30 days), I'd go straight to the mbayley email others have posted on here.  If longer, I would give their normal channels a chance, but a limited chance, like maybe 3 business days. 

We leave Monday!  and I got this email today.  What is the email I should use?

15 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

Having never been to Coco Cay, I reserved a Thrill Water Park Cabana for our cruise and just received an email from RCCL that due to capacity issues they had to move us to the Chill Island Cabana.  We are traveling with our 2 grandkids, ages 6 and 9.  Is this an acceptable swap?

Absolutely NOT !!!! We had (April) a Thrill Water Park Cabana for our extended family of 6 that included our 2 grandsons age 5 & 8 and having this cabana was all they continue to talk about. It was the highlight of their cruise. Escalate this and push as hard as you can to get the cabana you reserved. 

Definitely go right to mbayley@rccl.com.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.  Get into your head that you won't get the original cabana back (if it happens, great!).  Now, what will it take to satisfy you?  But, be reasonable... asking for a free cruise for everyone in your party is too much IMO.  Asking for a free cabana elsewhere on the island isn't (and honoring the waterpark passes that I think come with the waterpark cabanas).  

Be calm but insistent.  This was their mistake.  They may not be able to get you the cabana back, but they should get you something.

Since you sail Monday, contact Royal on social media if you have an account.  Say you NEED the Thrill Waterpark Cabana section you reserved to keep up with your young grandchildren. It’s a safety issue.  
       @RoyalCaribbean Is Twitter.    Maybe someone can provide the FB site also.   

• Like 1

Let us know what happens!  This seems crazy!  Not only does it not compare but don’t the water park tickets come with the water park cabana?  So now you’d have to spend hundreds on water park tickets in addition to paying for a cabana you didn’t want.  If it were me I’d take the water park cabana or no cabana at all.  You will need to be in the water park with the kids at all times when the kids are there. Better off buying tickets and grabbing a chair there most likely.  Good luck!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ksp819 said:

Let us know what happens!  This seems crazy!  Not only does it not compare but don’t the water park tickets come with the water park cabana?  So now you’d have to spend hundreds on water park tickets in addition to paying for a cabana you didn’t want.  If it were me I’d take the water park cabana or no cabana at all.  You will need to be in the water park with the kids at all times when the kids are there. Better off buying tickets and grabbing a chair there most likely.  Good luck!

To update everyone, I emailed the address I got from SAM JR.  I received an email this morning that they contacted the excursion desk on FOS and by some miracle they had a very late cancellation for the cabana at the waterpark.  All turned out great but I'm keeping a printout of the communication from Royal just in case.  Thank you all for your helpful responses!!!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, itzfitz said:

To update everyone, I emailed the address I got from SAM JR.  I received an email this morning that they contacted the excursion desk on FOS and by some miracle they had a very late cancellation for the cabana at the waterpark.  All turned out great but I'm keeping a printout of the communication from Royal just in case.  Thank you all for your helpful responses!!!

So happy for you!   Enjoy!

(and thanks for coming back to update us with the good news).

Edited by ocean sounds
Added
  • Like 3