Drink Package Question

ger_77

Friends of ours are considering HAL for the first time. I know that both parties in the room have to purchase the drink package, but he’s been a member of AA for 20+ years and only drinks coffee or tea. Does he have to bring a letter to verify the fact that he’s a member of AA so that his wife can  get the drink package and so he doesn’t have to pay for something he’s not going to use?

I did a topic search and couldn’t find anything about this.   Thanks in advance. 

I was going through a medical condition where I was advised by my doctor to not drink.  I was told by my PCC that if I brought a doctor's note confirming that, then my fiancé could buy the package but I didn't have to.  I didn't try to do this since the medical condition cleared up before our next cruise, but it may be possible.  I would have them call their PCC or customer service and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srsly HAL....  when are you going to start treating your guests with respect? Requiring BOTH guests in one cabin to have the same "drink package" speaks that you do NOT trust your guests.  Celebrity trusts their guests. Just saying.

• Like 1

I am going back in time but I remember this question being asked and several people posted that they had gotten exceptions.

I believe the recommendation was to contact HAL in advance of the cruise.

Exceptions have certainly been made for medical reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, BobbiSox said:

Some packages include specialty coffees, soft drinks, and waters, which is nice for me because I don't drink alcohol. There are likely to serve  some kinds of virgin coctails as well. 

The Quench, Signature, and Elite Beverage Packages all offer those.  Of course, if a person doesn't intend to get any alcoholic drinks, all three are essentially identical so it would make no sense to buy more than the Quench package.  Unfortunately, as somewhat discussed above, HAL doesn't allow you mix two packages within the same cabin.  Perhaps in the case of the person seeking an AA or medical exemption, this might be a solution to propose to HAL:  Let one buy the Signature Beverage Package and let the other buy the Quench package.

• Like 2