Half Moon Bar added

nimiq

Hello all,

Do you think with the success on the Rotterdam of the Half  Moon Bar other ships will 

soon be seeing this added ? 

I which they do as this was one of our favourite place on our last cruise. 

Thanks 

Sea Ya

Eric 

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

There are already enough bars on the ships.  Its ways to fill them with paying punters is what is needed.

I agree.  The only time the bars are super busy is at happy hour and before dinner time in my experience.  That said I think that bar replaced blend so it’s likely a better use of space.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I agree.  The only time the bars are super busy is at happy hour and before dinner time in my experience.  That said I think that bar replaced blend so it’s likely a better use of space.

Yes, this Half Moon bar appears to be a better use of the space than Blend which only gets used a few hours a day.  I read elsewhere on these forums that they use the Rotterdam's Half Moon bar to service the adjacent Club Orange restaurant.  If that's the case, then this bar is serving a dual purpose.  It's also located in the path that all MDR guests need to pass by on that floor.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam get their Blend converted to Half Moon bar during their next drydocks...and a Club Orange restaurant remodel to match the Rotterdam's.

• Like 4

This "odd" space will be interesting to watch as time goes by.  The designers of HAL ships have for a long time created "odd" spaces that proved to be very much underused and whose utility/and physical presence was changed.  Example:  the Java Bar.  From what I remember of The Blend on Nieuw Statendam, it is not a suitable area for a sports bar.  It does seem suitable for a way stop for those who cannot get from/to the MDR from the Ocean Bar without another drink.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1