Boarding in Ravenna

Host Jazzbeau

I have been reading that Azamara doesn't allow boarding before 2 pm and that there is a huge line at that time.

We will be taking a private transfer from Padua to Ravenna, arriving around noon.  We would like to drop our bags at the ship and have the driver bring us to the Ravenna Old Town for sightseeing.  Will Azamara allow an early bag drop off?

41 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have been reading that Azamara doesn't allow boarding before 2 pm and that there is a huge line at that time.

We will be taking a private transfer from Padua to Ravenna, arriving around noon.  We would like to drop our bags at the ship and have the driver bring us to the Ravenna Old Town for sightseeing.  Will Azamara allow an early bag drop off?

Is the driver taking you back to the port?

Probably easier to keep the bags with you.  From what I’m reading the boarding process is such an unknown and the experience in a port one cruise isn’t the same next time in that port. 

11 hours ago, uktog said:

Is the driver taking you back to the port?

Probably easier to keep the bags with you.  From what I’m reading the boarding process is such an unknown and the experience in a port one cruise isn’t the same next time in that port. 

The trip is booked from hotel to ship.  I'm assuming the driver would be willing to drop us off back at the old town on his way home – but it would be unreasonable to expect him to wait for us several hours for the final leg back to the ship.

I'm aware that boarding procedures have been reported as quite different in different ports (e.g. Athens and Lisbon), so I am hoping that someone who has boarded in Ravenna this year would know whether it was possible to drop bags early.

When we boarded there (one month ago), Azamara was NOT allowing early bag drop.  It was specifically called out that way (in the cruise docs?).  The temporary tent terminal in Ravenna is somewhat awkward.  I could see this situation improving with time, but it seems like they are not set up to take bags early at present.  There was no (listed) luggage storage at the train station, but sometimes you can track down a hotel or store which will hold bags for you in town (and then take a taxi to the terminal).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The trip is booked from hotel to ship.  I'm assuming the driver would be willing to drop us off back at the old town on his way home – but it would be unreasonable to expect him to wait for us several hours for the final leg back to the ship.

I'm aware that boarding procedures have been reported as quite different in different ports (e.g. Athens and Lisbon), so I am hoping that someone who has boarded in Ravenna this year would know whether it was possible to drop bags early.

Today, we arrived at Ravenna port around 12:45. There were lots of baggage porters at that time and it appeared luggage was dropped before ours. Not sure what time they actually start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1