catamaran type snorkeling trip in Grand Cayman

itsanita

• 1 month later...

Was looking for the same thing. Check out Stingray sailing. Email them to make sure they are available the day you want. If not, go with captain marvins. have used them twice, had an excellent time both times. Was there at the end of march.

• 2 weeks later...

We've used Stingray Sailing many times. They are the BEST.  Contact them and see if they are back fully operational yet and have our date available.   I know they had been doing private charters only for a while.  If you are with a group or have people on your roll call who may be interested, Stingray Sailing is a great option for a private charter.  They are prompt, friendly and most importantly - their boat and equipment is top notch.  No junk, leaky masks.  They are very responsible in the way they interact with the rays.  When we've been there - other boats will be LOADED with people just waiting to touch one or two rays swimming around  Meanwhile, our small group has rays all around us.  We've done this tour at least 6 or 8 times and will continue.  Our family has such a nice time on this boat - so memorable!

• Like 2

I loved Stingray sailing too and was looking forward to seeing them again, but I emailed and this was the response 😔

Thank you for contacting Stingray Sailing it is a pleasure to hear from you. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances brought about by our government, we are unable to offer tours on weekdays, as all our employees were forced into jobs that require them to work Monday through Friday, in order to survive the past two years. We are sorry we are not able to offer you the tour of a lifetime; we cannot recommend, with a clear conscience,  any of the current tour operators, as they do not treat the stingrays and other marine life in a humane manner. We recommend finding an alternative activity to do as we do not promote funding companies that do not take the animals wellbeing swriously. We do hope to be out of current contracts by 2023 and hope to see you in the future.

Any ideas for something similar? I’m sad. 

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't miss out of the stingrays if this will be your only visit to Grand Cayman.  I can tell you that no other companies will compare to Chip at Stingray Sailing.  Maybe just read tripadvisor reviews.  I'd definitely choose one that is not a ship-sponsored tour or one that has a double-decker boat packed with people.  I'd spend a little more money and go with a company that takes a small group.

I would definitely miss the stingray trip if organisers do not treat them well.  I did a whale watching trip in Mexico and I was appalled as all the boats including mine seemed to hound the whales to get closer and it made me really uncomfortable.  Really not a good memory.