Princess Reps at LaGuardia

geoherb

My flight, booked through EZair, is scheduled to arrive at LaGuardia around 7:30 a.m. What time do the Princess reps start working? And what time do you think the earliest shuttle bus to the port will be? I'm assuming I'll have a couple of hours to kill at the airport. Any good places to hang out after picking up my checked luggage?

If you have booked a Princess transfer from LaGuardia to the port, check your Travel Summary and it shows all the info you need.

Basically on my Travel Summary it shows --  if you booked with EZair and a transfer you will be met at your baggage claim area on your arrival - no specific meeting time was given.  Transfer time to leave the airport depends on when the ship is ready to board the new passengers.  If you did not book with EZair, there is a place to put   your flight detail info into your Personalizer so the Princess Representative knows to expect you.  

Check out the LaGuardia Airport maps for your arrival terminal to see what shops might be there to walk around.  

We fly Southwest into LaGuardia on the 14th and will return on the 15th for our transfer.  Originally, the LaGuardia meeting place was at Delta Terminal D Ground Transportation Desk at 12 noon.  Now that Delta has their new terminal completed at Terminal C, I'm not sure where to meet.  If I can't find out before we fly, I will check when we arrive on the 14th where we are to meet - I hope.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

Any good places to hang out after picking up my checked luggage?

LGA is designed to have you leave after baggage claim, so there are not areas to eat and hang out down there. There are a few seats for those waiting for their rides. The shops and restaurants are in the secure area and you must  exit that area to go to baggage claim, at least in Terminal C that we most often fly from.  As a domestic airport most people aren't hanging out for hours between flights  like you see at JFK. And it does close at night and everyone has to leave. 

Maybe different in Term B where there are some Air Canada flights.

I would grab food by the gates if you need something to eat and take it downstairs with you.

Edited by MJC
Add info

Thanks. My travel summary says to meet the Princess rep at the luggage claims area. So I guess I can hope someone will be there that early since Princess booked me on that flight. The American Airlines website says they use Terminal B. And the LaGuardia website listed some places to eat before going through security--or, in my case, after exiting from the secured area.

The travel summary also says it can take from 75 to 100 minutes for travel time from the airport to the pier. I don't remember it taking so long when we disembarked from a transatlantic cruise and took the Princess shuttle to LaGuardia. 

I have not been to B since the reno. Used to be just a small Starbucks before security IIRC.

Traffic on the BQE is terrible. Traffic in Queens and Brooklyn in general is much worse since covid. It's good they leave such a large cushion.

• Like 1